Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Grammys tonight

Border Desperado

Default Re: Grammys tonight

Loved the opening with Bruce Springsteen's new song. Great to see Joe playing with Paul on his new song. Nicki Minaj was so bad. Adele was great. I am not that familiar with her music but I liked her song tonight. Glen Campbell sang so much better than the people paying tribute to him. I am not a fan of The Band Perry or Blake. Closing with Paul McCartney and his little back up band was the hi-lite for me. Best show in several years.

Special props to Jennifer Hudson, who was flown in at the last minute to do a tribute to Whitney. She hardly even had rehearsal time. That song & arrangement was done last minute. Wow, she really pulled it off...flawless!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Yikes. Currently have the TV muted. That is some messed up stuff whatshername is doing.

I know I'm old but that was really weird!!!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I just got to see bits and pieces, but did see Joe and Paul once and Joe and Marjorie dancing. Too cute!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I didn't see Bruce Springsteen's performance, but I was reading online that when he started he said something along the lines of "America are you alive out there?" The article was talking about how awkward that was since Whitney had just died. That would be something I would say and then go back to my hotel room and say "of all the things I could have said, why did I say that?" LOL

You know I don't remember exactly what Bruce said when he came out. I recorded it, so I will check & see what it was. I wasn't really paying attention! I will let you know later when I have a chance to look at it.

Yeah, he said that but I didn't think anything of it. Rock musicians often say that to a sedate crowd. Sometimes people are too sensitive, I think.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

One thing I found noticable last night was.. how few of the awards were actually given out on screen. The show was packed with great performances which obviously is what the public wants to see!

Yes. I checked the recording & Springsteen did say that, but I agree that he was just trying to wake up the audience. I didn't think it was in poor taste.

I also found it odd that very few awards were given out on camera. I think the past year or two they cut back on some of the award presentations. Most of the show was fantastic. Glad to see a lot of classic rockers up there. For a few years I didn't even watch it due to the amount of rappers & hip hop acts, but this year it was at a minimum (thank goodness).