Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Grammys tonight

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Grammys tonight

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Sorry FP, but I had to giggle a bit at this statement. I had been picturing Glenn, Irving and others sitting around watching the Grammy's like so many other people did that night and discussing the acts that performed or were nominated or won. Then I read this and I started imagining a conversation with Glenn and the other attendees that every time someone said something about what they were watching, Glenn interrupted with information or something about his album being released. I'm just thinking/hoping that maybe they just enjoyed watching the Grammy's and weren't all about business.
    It was a silly thing to say. Your point is valid. I keep on getting these apparently vain 'hopes' that I will hear something, anything, for no reason at all. I will just have to stop.

I'm sure Glenn & Irv were watching Joe in action up there with Paul. I bet they were discussing the some of the acts. Enjoying some & probably laughing over some, like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleah View Post
    I didn't see Bruce Springsteen's performance, but I was reading online that when he started he said something along the lines of "America are you alive out there?" The article was talking about how awkward that was since Whitney had just died. That would be something I would say and then go back to my hotel room and say "of all the things I could have said, why did I say that?" LOL
    I know this is waaaay after the fact, but I was just reading this thread. The reason he started this way, is because it's the same way he started his Super Bowl show a couple of years ago. It had no bearing on Whitney or Clarence or anyone else who had died. It didn't even strike me as awkward, but I'm probably one of the few who would have immediately recognized the reference to the Super Bowl show as it's indelibly etched in my memory !
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

I knew it didn't have anything to do with Whitney's death. Obviously he wouldn't say it intentionally related to something like that. It was just a thought that it was kind of awkward. But that's just me, I second guess everything I say usually.