Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Madonna

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Madonna

I agree too. If I'm paying to see them, they better be singing live.

I give a pass for the Superbowl too, although, I would be disappointed if Paul McCartney or Tom Petty, or any rock star lip synced. Even if the sound is terrible.

I guess we are talking about two different types of entertainment acts here. Those that feel they must dance around and put on a big production and those who entertain by "just" singing and playing their instruments. I prefer the latter over all.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Yeah. If I want to see a dance review, I'll go to Vegas. Give me a real concert!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I guess we are talking about two different types of entertainment acts here. Those that feel they must dance around and put on a big production and those who entertain by "just" singing and playing their instruments. I prefer the latter over all.

Yes, you're right, but people like J Lo, Rhianna, & Madonna are supposed to be singers. They should be singing.They can put on a big production & still sing, if they let the dancers do the dancing. They should be singing. I would never see these shows anyway, so to me it's a mood point, but if people are paying for a singer, they should get a singer. Dance shows have become the norm for a lot of these performers. Give me a concert any day. I don't need to see a bunch of dancers. It's just distracting IMO.
    The Superbowl is really just the one exception, but I would still rather have a live singer.

To me, Singers dancing is good IMO. It shows that they Not only Can Sing but can choreograph their own moves. IMO

To me, Singers dancing is good IMO. It shows that they Not only Can Sing but can choreograph their own moves. IMO
    EL; So would you rather they dance & lip sync, because that's what they are doing? More than likely they do not choreograph the moves, they have a choreographer who does that. When they are doing a high energy dance, you can bet that they aren't singing, it's a recording.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I totally agree that I absolutely don't want to go to a live concert to hear a singer lip sync!

But I also give a big pass on the Super Bowl Halftime show, particularly considering the way the sound has sucked so hard in some of the past shows. It is supposed to be a 10 - 15 minute live show for sheer entertainment. And to me, Madonna's show was very entertaining. I loved the way it was choreographed - especially Vogue.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016