Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Madonna

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Madonna

I thought I would start this thread to see what folks think about Madonna's halftime performance at the Super Bowl? I thought she was great. The show was wonderfully choreographed and she sounded terrific. To me, it was one of the best Super Bowl performances I've ever seen. She also looked amazing.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Default Re: Madonna

I thought she did a great job on "Like A Prayer" -- the choir really brought it home for me. I think she sounded good, but overall I thought it was a little lack-luster. I don't know. It just didn't impress me very much.
    Last edited by Henley Honey; 02-06-2012 at 08:11 PM.

It was pretty tame & about what I expected. I knew it was going to be a huge production with a lot of dancers & showy costumes. I do not think she was singing live. It was just OK for me. I was never really a big Madonna fan, so I wasn't that impressed. She looks great, but I'm sure she has had some plastic surgery. Not the greatest Superbowl halftime show, but much better than last years Black Eyed Peas & Fergie. That was a disaster.

BYW, I don't think she sang "Like a Virgin". It was "Like A Prayer"

I loved it. She looked great, the get up was great.

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    It was pretty tame & about what I expected. I knew it was going to be a huge production with a lot of dancers & showy costumes. I do not think she was singing live. It was just OK for me. I was never really a big Madonna fan, so I wasn't that impressed. She looks great, but I'm sure she has had some plastic surgery. Not the greatest Superbowl halftime show, but much better than last years Black Eyed Peas & Fergie. That was a disaster.

BYW, I don't think she sang "Like a Virgin". It was "Like A Prayer"

You're Right -- That's what I get from typing too fast and thinking too little! Thanks for the correction!

I corrected the post.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I thought it was OK. Much better than last year and some previous years, but The Boss still has my vote for best halftime show. Of course, the Steelers won that Superbowl, so I'm probably biased. Tom Petty did a great job as well.

I thought she did good considering the constraints, 12 minutes, to stage a huge production that most of the world then critiques. I heard she sprained her ankle earlier in the week, so especially considering that, it went well.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I liked it and thought she did a great job. It wasn't all that exciting and I read that she did lip sync, but that didn't matter to me. I can't imagine how you can dance around like crazy and still have the breath to sing at the same time.

I was not impressed with M.I.A., CeLo Green (?), or the others that were there with her. She didn't need them, imo. And why would any woman, or man for that matter, get up on stage in front of millions and make an obscene gesture? Classy, very classy. I have one word for her........ Anything to call attention to yourself. I didn't catch it at the time, but of course, the media must blow it up. So she got what she wanted.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I liked it and thought she did a great job. It wasn't all that exciting and I read that she did lip sync, but that didn't matter to me. I can't imagine how you can dance around like crazy and still have the breath to sing at the same time.
    I hate when stars lip sync, it's supposed to be a live show. Many singers do it at their concerts (Madonna does) They should SING & let the dancers do the dancing. It really bothers me to see the lip sync on tv shows. JLo, Rhianna & others also so it. People want to hear them sing....but honestly, I don't think their voices are as good as the recordings so they do it & they feel they have to dance. It's really not possible to dance like that & sing well. Do they really think people don't know it's lip sync?? This is why I would never see any of these people live. I guess for the Superbowl, it's not as bad because people aren't paying to see Madonna, but still it's fake, so it bothers me.

I agree with you, Topkat, about stars lip-syncing for concerts and most TV shows. However, I do give stars a pass at the Superbowl. The sound is crap there.

As for the vulgar gesture... yeah, that's a lame bid for attention. If one really had such contempt for one's audience that one has no problem giving them the physical equivalent of "f*** you" then why is this person performing for us in the first place?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I agree with you, Topkat, about stars lip-syncing for concerts and most TV shows. However, I do give stars a pass at the Superbowl. The sound is crap there.

As for the vulgar gesture... yeah, that's a lame bid for attention. If one really had such contempt for one's audience that one has no problem giving them the physical equivalent of "f*** you" then why is this person performing for us in the first place?
    Soda, I agree with you on both these points. The Superbowl usually doesn't have great sound...maybe just because it's so big & it echoes or the crowd is just so loud..Last year the sound was pathetic.

As for MIA, she was just looking for attention, & very pathetic.