Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
I have read a couple - most recently 'The Constant Gardener' - but I definitely want to read more in the near future. Would you recommend any novels in particular? Le Carre was born in the same town as my grandmother (Poole, Dorset) and in the same year, too. I often go back to Poole to wander along the Quay and to watch the boats. It is a beautiful place.

I have always associated myself mainly with the Liberal Democrats, but I admire much of what Labour has done for my country and I am in line with their beliefs in equality, healthcare, opportunity and support for workers. I have only ever voted for those two parties. I am very interested in your views, and I don't believe I know yet which party you identify with!

On another topic, I thought of you yesterday, Julie. I was at my aunt's house for a Mother's Day gathering and my young cousins, Morgan and Beatrice, were sitting on my lap while we watched the Liverpool v Stoke match. Morgan surprised me with his football knowledge (he's six) and both kids were supporting Liverpool. I thought you would approve!
1. I've only read The Honourable Schoolboy & Smiley's People so far & I recommend both.
2. Labour (and Labor in Australia & if I were American I'd obviously be a Democrat). New Labour I have to say are a long way from the party of Clement Attlee.
3. Thanks for thinking of me re Liverpool. Hopefully there will be two trips to Wembley, not one, and even more hopefully two trophies (FA & League Cup) while the only thing Man Utd can win is the actual premiership.