Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Eagles in Dubai 4/12

Default Re: Eagles in Dubai 4/12

This year we are all making solo albums. Doing individual recording projects is one of the many ways we keep the Eagles together. There is no current plan to record another Eagles album, but, again, anything is possible.
    Dare we hope?????????? Thanks, VA.
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Victim of Love View Post
    Dare we hope?????????? Thanks, VA.
    My eye caught on 'this year we are all making solo albums' I wonder if he really meant 'all'. Will Timothy be putting one out? Will Don's actually be this year?
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Timothy is touring in May and June presumably to promote Expando but I'd be over the moon if he had another new release. I just wish he was doing a few shows in the heartland. I'd drive to Colorado, Minnesota, Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin. Maybe I should invite him to perform at my family reunion in Ohio the end of June -- there's usually about 200 people there and it's a terrific outdoor venue!

As for Don, he needs to get his solo act in gear!

Victim of Love

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    My eye caught on 'this year we are all making solo albums' I wonder if he really meant 'all'. Will Timothy be putting one out? Will Don's actually be this year?
    Well - "making" doesn't necessarily equal "releasing". Although I very much hope that Don gets his rear into gear and actually gets his out. I wonder if Tim's working on something new - that would be great! He might announce something during his tour...
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

THe boys are on stage in Dubai...can't wait to see and hear reviews...I'm wondering how hot it is there as it's an outdoor venue.

zelda

Zelda, you're a mind-reader. I checked out the eaglesdubai.com link and they're still broadcasting even as the guys are performing. How awesome is that? But it's nearly 10:15 p.m. in Dubai as I type this which means they're most likely sliding into 'encore mode' if it's a two-hour show. I'm going to monitor the Dubai papers and news media links for reviews/photos or any mention. I suspect we'll see a bit more that was initially available from the SA shows.

As an aside, I've fired off an email to A&E/Biography.com to inquire about the rumored Eagles filming as they prep for Vegas and Atlanta. If I get any confirmation, I'll post it in a new thread.

Victim of Love

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

As an aside, I've fired off an email to A&E/Biography.com to inquire about the rumored Eagles filming as they prep for Vegas and Atlanta. If I get any confirmation, I'll post it in a new thread.
    Let us know what they send, but Soda confirmed it was an April Fools prank started by another site. Some so-called journalist who doesn't check facts or even find a second source wrote that bit that I posted. It goes without saying they haven't replied to my email. It would be too much to hope he gets his wrist slapped, but you know he won't.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Zelda, you're a mind-reader. I checked out the eaglesdubai.com link and they're still broadcasting even as the guys are performing. How awesome is that? But it's nearly 10:15 p.m. in Dubai as I type this which means they're most likely sliding into 'encore mode' if it's a two-hour show. I'm going to monitor the Dubai papers and news media links for reviews/photos or any mention. I suspect we'll see a bit more that was initially available from the SA shows.

I think I saw somewhere that the show started at 9P...is that odd? I am always amazed at how the borderers find media stuff on the boys so fast... I wouldn't know where to start looking...

zelda

I missed that but you're right. The Dubai website shows showtime as 9:00 and they would certainly know! That being the case, it's now 10:30 p.m. in Dubai and they should we well into their second set. How I wish we were all there!

Victim of Love

I missed that but you're right. The Dubai website shows showtime as 9:00 and they would certainly know! That being the case, it's now 10:30 p.m. in Dubai and they should we well into their second set. How I wish we were all there!
    Wouldn't it be cool if they could do a concert just for us borderers...and no one else? one can dream...

zelda