Quote Originally Posted by badkitty33
I love Sentimental Lady. I have a version of that by Bob Welch. Was he ever a member of any Fleetwood Mac lineup???
Bob Welch joined Fleetwood Mac in 1971, after they'd lost both Peter Green and Jeremy Spencer to mental illness (Green after losing his mind due to, according to Mick Fleetwood, bad LSD - Spencer after he joined the Children of God cult). They needed a dynamic lead guitarist and he was who they picked.

He appeared on five albums - Future Games (1971), Bare Trees (1972), Peguin (1973), Mystery to Me (1973), and Heroes are Hard to Find (1974).

Sentimental Lady, his biggest solo hit, actually appeared first on a Fleetwood Mac album - Bare Trees. Another song he is notable for is Hypnotized, off of Mystery to Me.

After he left, Mick Fleetwood went hunting for another charismatic lead guitarist - and he found Lindsey Buckingham. Mick asked him to join, and he accepted on the condition that they also take his girlfriend, Stevie Nicks: "We're a package deal." The rest is history.

There were no hard feelings, though, between Welch and any of the members, old or new, of Fleetwood Mac. They often appeared on his solo albums. Speaking of....

Ebony Eyes was off of his solo album French Kiss, which also includes the version of Sentimental Lady you're familiar with (slightly different lyrics and arrangement). Christine McVie guest-appeared on his album and sang backup on the song. She's the one going "All I need is you" in the chorus. Lindsey and Mick also guested on the album.

Here's a video of Bob Welch performing Ebony Eyes at the 1978 CalJam. Stevie appeared onstage with him - she's rocking out with her tamborine! You go girl! At the end of it, you can see a bit of Gold Dust Woman that she performed on Bob Welch and Friends, with him backing her.

Ebony Eyes with Stevie Nicks - Cal Jam 1978

She also appeared on it on a "Bob Welch and Friends" special:

Ebony Eyes with Stevie Nicks - Bob Welch and Friends c. 1983

Probably more than you wanted to know, but you got me going on the Mac, so it's your fault.