Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you guys think...

Default Re: Do you guys think...

I guess we will have to settle on whatever they decide to play. It will probably be a mix of the old hits & some of the newer LROOE stuff. One thing we can pretty much count on, is that the ex-Eagles won't be playing with them. Hell probably won't be freezing over twice! The fact that they even reunited the first time, was pretty much a miracle.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

As far as the original question about whether or not the band will choose to remaster their albums - my guess is that I have no idea.

My gut says that it is a possibility that they'd do it if they come up with a clever way to market/package it, especially since their last box set didn't include any LROOE material or video. However, contrary to what some fans may think, I don't believe they are just simply all about money. There are plenty of times in the past that they have left hundreds of millions of dollars in offers on the table for various reasons.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Originally posted by Freypower:
    All I said was I thought it would be a good idea to play some of the LROOE songs that they haven't yet played. I did NOT say they should play LROOE in its entirety. I don't know why you keep suggesting this 'two shows, one old and one newer' thing. Are they supposed to announce which setlist they will play so fans can pick which night they attend? Why should the band do that? Why go to all that trouble? They should be catering for BOTH people who only like the old songs, like yourself, and people who would like to hear the newer songs, and they should be able to do that without having two separate setlists.
    Freypower, I totally agree with you here. "Two shows" would be just crazy! Besides, I doubt they would ever do that. They will cater to both the old & newer fans. Eagles fans all have their favorite songs, albums & band incarnations, but the bottom line is that they pick the set list, & I'm sure people will get a bit of everything. We should be happy they will even do a tour after 40 years! I wouldn't even be surprised if it turns out to be a shorter show.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesKiwi View Post
    Oh, well if we're getting into the realms of fantasy, I'd like a 4 hour concert with a set list chosen entirely by me... and Don wearing a nice bright shirt... .

Okay, back to reality: I think they will do what they believe the fans want. They may not KNOW what we all want - and of course we all want different things - but if there is a strong desire among the fanbase to hear "James Dean" for example, I'm sure they would seriously consider it.

Some songs simply may not be possible due to the vocal requirements, and I respect their desire to perform to their exceptionally high standards. But - if there's stuff that we want, we should make a point of talking about it on the boards here just in case they have anybody reading!
    So should we start posting about the songs we would like to hear in the vague hope that somebody will read it?

I really believe that before Glenn's shows somebody had been reading The Border & told him about what some fans wanted. But the Eagles are different. Glenn writes the Eagles setlist and he seems to think that people 'want' a lot of Henley & Walsh solo songs. I am hoping that changes will be made because this tour will be special, and I also hope they will go back to playing for three hours.

Well, Joe said recently that for the anniversary tour they are going to bring back some of the older songs that they haven't done for a long time. Afterall, it is an important anniversary tour so it only makes sense that they change the setlist that has been basically the same for a number of years now & play songs that span the full 40 years. That's what I am hoping for.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Just an FYI - there are already a couple of other threads specifically about the 40th year anniversary tour/plans. Here are the links ...

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...ead.php?t=3319

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...ead.php?t=2834

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

It's just my humble opinion, but I'd love to see a DVD of their LROOE tour. Yes, there will be repeats of some songs they did in "Farewell 1", but it would still be different.

I loved the variety in the nearly 3 hour show I attended, including the 9 LROOE songs. I might be in the minority here it seems , but I really love the LROOE album - it is my favourite Eagles album, hands down.

Strange though it may seem, but I enjoy the Eagles' compilation albums, i.e. "Greatest Hits" and "Greatest Hits Vol. 2" more than any of their other albums, LROOE excepted.

Maybe I just prefer the later Eagles line-up, viz. Glenn, Don, Timothy, Joe (and Don Felder, when he was still in the band). I like Randy and Bernie, but somehow the line-up is just stronger now. That, however, is just my opinion. I've seen these guys live, and they blew me away - I could not have asked for a better performance.

An equal representation of their entire career, with showcases for all members, would be a fitting way to celebrate their 40th anniversary, I feel.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

It's just my humble opinion, but I'd love to see a DVD of their LROOE tour. Yes, there will be repeats of some songs they did in "Farewell 1", but it would still be different.

I loved the variety in the nearly 3 hour show I attended, including the 9 LROOE songs. I might be in the minority here it seems , but I really love the LROOE album - it is my favourite Eagles album, hands down.
    I also love LROOE, & unfortunately I didn't get to see that tour, so I would love a DVD of that. I did see Farewell 1, & HFO, as well as the early line up, but I love the new stuff!!
    I have to say that of all the shows I've seen, my favorite was HFO, but they are still so amazing live!!

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    So should we start posting about the songs we would like to hear in the vague hope that somebody will read it?

I really believe that before Glenn's shows somebody had been reading The Border & told him about what some fans wanted. But the Eagles are different. Glenn writes the Eagles setlist and he seems to think that people 'want' a lot of Henley & Walsh solo songs. I am hoping that changes will be made because this tour will be special, and I also hope they will go back to playing for three hours.

I too would like that to change but then maybe there are contractual agreements in place set up in 1994 as a condition of reforming the band that performance of non Eagles work be included. Surely they have enough Eagles material to perform without the need to do solo stuff but then any material at all is a bonus. I can listen to "Sunset strip" or "New York Minute" all day. "Rocky Mountain" and "Walk away" are now the adopted children of the Eagles anyway!

This interview that Topcat recently posted in the Hotel California thread sums up how Glenn feels about what Joe brings to the table as far as solo work. He seems thrilled that they are able to use Joe's material towards the end of the show to really rock (I don't remember exactly how he describes it).

http://www.inthestudio.net/this-week...-studio/eagles
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.