Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If the Eagles put out a Christmas album

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: If the Eagles put out a Christmas album

Quote Originally Posted by Victim of Love View Post
    But let's face it, ladies...if you were sitting front row at an Eagles concert tonight and they devoted an entire segment of their show to holiday tunes, I seriously doubt anyone would walk out. I certainly wouldn't.
    Okay VOL - you've got me there. I'm pretty sure I'd stick around too!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Yes, I think this is a cute topic regardless of whether or not we'd really want them to release one! You know, it's ok to have a little fun with these things.

I always have a very difficult time posting during the Christmas holidays thanks to spending time with family, so I haven't been contributing that much... but off the top of my head, Glenn singing lead on "I'll Be Home for Christmas" is an obvious choice. However, I also think he'd do justice to "The Christmas Song." Tim could sing lead on "Happy Christmas (War Is Over)"; Joe could do "Merry Christmas Baby"; Don could sing lead on "Last Christmas" - and before anyone objects to Don covering a Wham! song, remember that he has successfully covered a song by Tears for Fears! "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" is another choice, although its closeness to the Eagles' "Please Come Home for Christmas" might cause confusion.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Fair enough if you wish to have fun with it; but most of these songs that have been mentioned, I do not know. So I can't suggest them. I can only really suggest the traditional carols. I think Don would do a good job on God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, Tim Silent Night and perhaps Glenn could do What Child Is This, given that it is sung to the same tune as Greensleeves (important to me for the Henry VIII connection, whether true or false). Maybe Joe could do Happy Xmas (War Is Over). For some reason I think he might do that better than Tim would.

As far as 'traditional' Christmas songs, I would love to hear the infamous Eagles harmony on carols such as "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" and "The First Noel".
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love