Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy 5th Birthday to The Border!

Default Happy 5th Birthday to The Border!

It was five years ago today that I officially opened The Border! Wow, I can't believe it's been five years! I never imagined in my wildest dreams how successful the board would become, and how many special people I would meet on here. Running this board has changed my life!

To celebrate the annviersary, I'll be putting up little treats and tidbits about the board throughout the day.

First off, you may have noticed your board style is now dark blue! This is because when I first opened the board, we only had one style and this was it (don't worry, you'll be able to change your style back tomorrow)! I'm also using my original avatar today, with Glenn holding his soda.

More to come...

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: Happy 5th Birthday to The Border!

First tidbit - when I started Glenn Frey Online back in November 2005, I created an accompanying board called Flip City. That board would later morph into The Border. However, I have a screen shot of our first Flip City member list with a couple names you'll still recognize, I think! (We used a different software then, which is why the avatars look different and why some of the names are a bit different - dcrisson is DonFan, glennfan001 is glenneaglesfan, lbislander2 is Z, m0lly123 is Molly, eaglesaddict is Perfect Little Sister, and timfan2 is timfan, ).

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Well

CONGRATULATIONS
    AND
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY

TO THE BORDER!!

I first found glennfreyonline in November 2006 and then joined the Border eatly in 2007. Its wonderful t see the original 'flip city' page Soda!

Once again, thank yo so much for setting up this website and wonderful message board. It has enriched my life so much and I have made aome wondeful friends whom I will value and treasure forever. I have also had some amazing experiences, courtesy of the Border, particularly meeting up with some Borderers in London, Belfast and last Summer, most amazingly of all at Niagara Falls.

I hope the Border is just as strong over the years to come, and wish it so much more success.

Once again a big 'Thank You' to our Fearless Leader...... Our Eagles Concert Queen (She leads by example..... does our Soda!) for setting it all up and for all the work that she does maintaining the site.

I guess......... PARTYTIME ......
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    First off, you may have noticed your board style is now dark blue! This is because when I first opened the board, we only had one style and this was it (don't worry, you'll be able to change your style back tomorrow)! I'm also using my original avatar today, with Glenn holding his soda.

More to come...
    Love it Soda!

I remember that dark blue default was still there when I joined up!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Happy Birthday to The Border!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Happy Birthday to The Border! It has also changed my life in that I've met so many nice people here, and of course I've met-met several people from here! Let's see...I met Soda and TBF and her husband Larry for dinner before the Sept. 2008 Chicago show, I met Maleah at the show, met Soda again before the 2009 Indy show, went up to Chicago with Soda and TBF to see Timothy's solo show and met Luvthelighthouse and Timfan there, went to TBF's for a vinyl party where we said goodbye to Soda before she moved to Memphis, and met Cheryl at the 2010 Indy show. Let's see...have I forgotten anybody? Lol!

The Border has also changed my life because of the time I spend on the computer. Hubby used to growl about it but now he's used to it and we both have our own laptops so all is peaceful! I've weened myself back a liitle though. I used to be here all the time! It's addicting! Lol! But when you meet so many nice people in one place it's natural to want to be there.

So thank you Soda, for making all the sites and including a message board. Thank you for maintaining them over the years.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Happy Birthday Border! I wouldn't have been able to meet such great people if it weren't for The Border!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Happy Birthday Border!!!!!

WOW... just WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! Where to start. I never in my wildest dreams would've assumed that a message board could change my life. I "stalked" it for quite awhile before joining. So glad I did. I do spend an awful lot of time here and find myself in withdrawal when real life gets in the way of my Border time.

I have so many "friends" from this board, some that I've gotten to meet, some I want to meet and some that I know I never will be able to but still am glad I have met them virtually. For that I am very thankful.

Thanks again, Soda, for all your passion and hard work for these sites and this board. They mean a lot to so many.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Happy Birthday to The Border!
    I am so glad that I found this community, nearly three years ago!Where I've 'met' people as crazy like me!

Thank again Soda for your fantastic work!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Happy Birthday!

Thanks for starting this board and for keeping it real!

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGal