Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Eagles in New Orleans, Louisiana at Jazz Fest May 2012

Default Re: Eagles in New Orleans, Louisiana at Jazz Fest May 2012

Today is sure a crazy day! It's graduation day for our seniors. The university had a celebratory brunch from 8:30-10:30. I came home to finish packing for New Orleans tonight and get a little work done. Then, it's back at 4:30 for graduation which will probably end about 8:00.

I leave directly from the ceremony to go to New Orleans, with a stop in Mississippi to pick up my friend. We should get there about 2:30 am if all goes well.

Then, we have to get up at 6:00 am or so to get ready to be at the gates when they open so we can be one of the first in, therefore enabling us to camp out in front of the Acura stage to see the Eagles from the best position possible for non-VIPs.

At least we don't have to worry about getting ready. Any makeup would be sweated off and you can't wear cute clothes when you're out in the sun all day. They'd just stick to you and get all sweaty and nasty, too. All I'm wearing is a pair of denim shorts and an old T-shirt; no makeup except sunscreen and lip gloss.

This is all crazy, I know. Wish me luck!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Oh my, Soda! You crazy girl! Be careful and have fun! Hopefully it won't be too muggy and hot!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Today is sure a crazy day! It's graduation day for our seniors. The university had a celebratory brunch from 8:30-10:30. I came home to finish packing for New Orleans tonight and get a little work done. Then, it's back at 4:30 for graduation which will probably end about 8:00.

I leave directly from the ceremony to go to New Orleans, with a stop in Mississippi to pick up my friend. We should get there about 2:30 am if all goes well.

Then, we have to get up at 6:00 am or so to get ready to be at the gates when they open so we can be one of the first in, therefore enabling us to camp out in front of the Acura stage to see the Eagles from the best position possible for non-VIPs.

At least we don't have to worry about getting ready. Any makeup would be sweated off and you can't wear cute clothes when you're out in the sun all day. They'd just stick to you and get all sweaty and nasty, too. All I'm wearing is a pair of denim shorts and an old T-shirt; no makeup except sunscreen and lip gloss.

This is all crazy, I know. Wish me luck!
    Good luck Soda and be careful...drink a lot of water!

For those of us always eager and hungry for reviews and photos, I suggest you bookmark NOLA.COM and watch closely. The Times-Picayune has been devoting HUGE portions of their coverage to Jazz Fest, resplendent with photos and articles that are hitting their website almost before the last note of a show has faded!

Next to Mardi Gras, this event is probably their biggest draw and the newspaper coverage is the best you'll find. Jimmy Buffet played Thursday and there are some awesome pix and a great write-up...same goes for Springsteen.

Our faves hit the stage at 5:00 p.m. local time and I know Nancy will provide us with all the details. But while we're waiting for her to post, NOLA.COM will give us an instant fix! ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

Quote Originally Posted by Victim of Love View Post
    For those of us always eager and hungry for reviews and photos, I suggest you bookmark NOLA.COM and watch closely. The Times-Picayune has been devoting HUGE portions of their coverage to Jazz Fest, resplendent with photos and articles that are hitting their website almost before the last note of a show has faded!

Next to Mardi Gras, this event is probably their biggest draw and the newspaper coverage is the best you'll find. Jimmy Buffet played Thursday and there are some awesome pix and a great write-up...same goes for Springsteen.

Our faves hit the stage at 5:00 p.m. local time and I know Nancy will provide us with all the details. But while we're waiting for her to post, NOLA.COM will give us an instant fix! ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks VOL, for the info...will watch for details...man those boys are gonna be whipped after playing last night, then today at 5 and the heat....gonna be four tired Eagles...poor babies!

Thanks, VOL! Got it bookmarked for the NOLA.COM "New Orleans Jazz Fest".

A little under 2 hours to go! Soda and I are at the front of the general admission section

Open up your eyes take the devil from your mind

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whitcap View Post
    A little under 2 hours to go! Soda and I are at the front of the general admission section
    Excellent news!!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by whitcap View Post
    If anybody can get you to the front, Soda can! LOL! Enjoy!

THE HEAT IS ON!!! Just a matter of minutes until show time. So anxious to see photos and reviews on the NOLA website and hear from Nancy. I agree that the boys are probably feeling a little beat up with today's performance on the heels of lastnight. On the other hand, they may still be soaring on the high they had in Atlanta. Keeping my fingers crossed ad wishing I was there.
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love