Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Uncyclopedia

Default Re: Uncyclopedia

You know, talking about wikipedia reminded me of its parody, Uncyclopedia, and the entry on Don I found a while back. As you can see from prior posts in this thread, a lot of folks thought I wrote it... and since it wasn't really very clever (although definitely funny in parts), that kind of bothered me, I must admit! lol

So, I decided, in the tradition of my Uncyclopedia roast of Glenn Frey, to rework the Don Henley article (although I did try to incorporate as much as the old one as possible - for instance, I didn't write the opening paragraph).

Like Wikipedia, this is user-edited, so if anyone would like to add anything... have at it! I figure we true fans can do a much better job than a Stevie fan who decided to make an entry on him just to talk about Stevie some more! I encourage folks to give it a shot.

(And of course this is all done in good humor, as the Glenn one was.)

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Great job Soda!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Border Desperado AmarilloByMorning's Avatar

"(Who could predict that years later, he would become an expert at blowing hot air and tooting his own horn)" LOVE IT!

...I'm actually a fan of A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man and loathed Fountainhead but have not yet ingested Pre Tentious' classic... oh, wait! I just provided direct evidence to the contrary! Dagnabbit.

"Future plans include sending a Legal Notice to the Eagles Preservation Society, the organizers of the Henley Royal Regatta, the mayor of Henley-on-Thames, any company that manufactures henley shirts, and anyone named Don Henley for violation of trademark." !!!!! Fabulous!

Dang it, now I have to go read everyone else's!

Fantastic job. I love the Felder citation in particular ("The guy was loud.") and Henley's injuries from "shawl strangulation"...

Thanks for the compliments, Dreamer and ABM!

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloByMorning View Post
    ...I'm actually a fan of A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man
    I figured a work that first appeared as a serial in The Egoist was a good choice here! And the content works pretty well too.

loathed Fountainhead
    Anyone who says he read this book and liked it desperately wants other people to believe he is an intellectual. There is no question about it. lol

Henley's injuries from "shawl strangulation"...
    Well, better that than being on the receiving end of a high kick done in platform boots with five-inch heels.

Border Desperado AmarilloByMorning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Anyone who says he read this book and liked it desperately wants other people to believe he is an intellectual. There is no question about it. lol
    Absolutely! And the fact that Robby Gould in Dirty Dancing considers it required reading does it no favors whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Well, better that than being on the receiving end of a high kick done in platform boots with five-inch heels.
    No kidding - those are some boots! Wow. She could've saved her tendons a lot of aches by just becoming a jockey. Pretty picture, though!

A related article:

Thoreau Leaves Woods Behind

(Warning: some content is not kid-friendly).

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Soda--that is great!!!!! Loved it! My favorite part is...

"Therefore, it was definitely time to make a new collection. The Very Best of Don Henley was released in 2009. He plans to follow it up with a collection entitled The Very Best of What Didn't Make It onto the Actual Very Best of Don Henley. A third collection, tentatively titled Don Henley Songs that May Not Be the Very Best But Are Still Pretty Good, is a possibility.
    Future plans include sending Legal Notices to the Eagles Preservation Society, the organizers of the Henley Royal Regatta, the mayor of Henley-on-Thames, every company that manufactures henley shirts, and everyone named Don Henley for violation of trademark.
    An unhappy Don Henley is a BAD thing."

Good stuff!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Thanks! I also added a caption to the photo: "It is illegal to displease Don Henley."

I hope he doesn't sue Stevie for the shawl strangulation incident! I think they would admit they were both to blame for that one, though.