Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Album Survivor

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles Album Survivor

Quote Originally Posted by Windeagle View Post
    The Long Run is the other album that I have not replaced on CD and for me, it was a toss-up. TLR edged out Eagles LP by a hair.

And I'm with you on Desperado. Love, love, love that album! I wish I could find a bootleg somewhere of one of the shows where they played the album in its entirety. What a concert that would have been!
    Correct me if I am wrong but I have no knowledge of them every having played the entire Desperado album in its entirety. I think I would have read about it somewhere if they had done so.

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

The problem w/TLR is that the bad songs are bad and the good songs are great!

I find that, to me, there are five great songs and five, that if I never heard again... I would be just fine with!

Desperado is a showcase of vocals so true and pure.

OTTN - Great Title track, however, again great songs and equally bad songs (pretty uneven)

Eagles LP, raw and fun

OTB - I always think I dislike this album, but really, I just dislike the title track!

HC - Awesome, although again... not a huge fan of the title track, BUT, it's been growing on my since we played the all star survivor.

LROOE - Made me explore the band, find out who they were and made me fall in love with them. I had no clue they were the guys that sang so many of the songs I loved!

Not a fan of many live albums ...

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong but I have no knowledge of them every having played the entire Desperado album in its entirety. I think I would have read about it somewhere if they had done so.
    They did it once:

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Meisner Concert Chronology
    June 21, 1973 Civic Auditorium, Santa Monica, CA The Eagles perform the album Desperado in sequence as their set.
    http://www.angelfire.com/rock3/deliv...dyconcerts.htm

Open up your eyes take the devil from your mind

Stuck on the Border

Thanks for that, whitcap. Interesting.

I vote for On the Border. It is my least fav of all the Eagles albums with only one song I would call a favourite.

I vote for Eagles Live.

I'm another person who just loves the whole Desperado album.
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well - it's great to see so much concensus in the game ... I just KNEW everyone was going to agree about these albums. Now, before I even begin the rest of my post, I always preface my comments by saying that there is no bad Eagles album as far as I'm concerned - I love 'em all.

For me, I agree with Soda's comments that the live albums should be the first to be eliminated from this game. Even though I love them both, especially Eagles Live, I would rather see the albums of original material duke it out for the order of finish in the game.

Out of the seven studio albums, my personal opinion is that the Eagles LP is the weakest overall. To me, about half of the album is relatively unspectacular. However, as others have mentioned, I think One of These Nights and The Long Run are pretty uneven as well. It's a pretty close call for me, but I guess I llike The Long Run best out of the three.

I think it is always interesting that there seems to be this natural divide in the Eagles' fan community between the band's early country rock music and the later more rockin' sound. To me, I love and appreciate all of their styles and am glad they chose the path they did. The fact that they were able to do every type of music from blue grass to hard rock, and just about everything in between, and do it all at such a high level, is partly why they are the great legendary band that they are, IMHO.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

When is this round over? I don't know if I have the stomach to endure this game. Seeing some of the comments on my favorite albums is getting to me!

Quote Originally Posted by whitcap View Post
    Thanks, Whitcap. I knew I read that somewhere, but couldn't remember where. I didn't realize it was only one show though. Oh, to have been there...

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    When is this round over? I don't know if I have the stomach to endure this game. Seeing some of the comments on my favorite albums is getting to me!

Don't let it get to you, TK . Nobody is right or wrong and everyone likes what they like. Like Dreamer said, that's why the band is so good. They've played just about every style imaginable at some point in their careers, and each style clicks with some fans and turns others off. The game's all in good fun. Don't leave!