Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: iPod Sequences

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: iPod Sequences

Thought this was cool the other day-

"This is Just a Dream" by Carrie Underwood (sad song about a young war widow) followed by "I Dreamed There Was No War".

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Can't give just one sequence because there were to many of them. In my journey Saturday, I realized a couple of things----I really need to get some other artist on my ipod AND I am pathetic!! I put the ipod on shuffle, and I swear the only thing that came up was several in a row from either the Eagles, Zeppelin or Sweet. I finally started skipping them (imagine that ) just to see what else would come up and it was really pathetic! As much as I love music and as many songs as I have in Itunes, my ipod only holds 1500 -2000 songs and there must be 1000 of them that are from those 3 groups. But how do I change that without buying a bigger ipod. I can't be expected to delete any of the songs on there now can I?
    No! I suppose not Willie! Unless you kept a bank of songs on the computer and made some playlists of your favourites and just deleted the few that you could do without. I'm sure we all have SOME junk on our ipods that we don't use as much or even anymore.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I got Heart Of The Matter and How Bad Do You Want It?, followed by One Of These Nights yesterday!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Brave New World, I will not go Quietly, Take it Easy followed by Seven Bridges Road this morning!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Stuck on the Border

Finally....

He Took Advantage (Blues For Ronald Reagan)
    Flip City

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Last songs for 2008:

Eagles - What Do I Do With My Heart
    Frey - Don't Give Up (Irvine)
    Henley - Them & Us
    Walsh - Tomorrow

First in 2009:

Eagles - Business As Usual
    Frey - Flip City

Still waiting for Henley & Walsh tracks.
    I do this every year. The very last song I heard in 2009 was Annabel. I need to look the Eagles/Frey tracks up because I haven't recharged for over a week on the computer. I think the last Walsh track was Theme From Island Weirdos.

So far the first Eagles related track I've heard in 2010 was the live version of The Heat Is On (by the Eagles - it rocks).

In terms of other favourite artists nothing major yet except Nashville West by the Byrds.
    Last edited by Freypower; 01-02-2010 at 06:09 PM.

The last songs in 2009 were,

Take It Easy - Eagles
    Biko - Peter Gabriel
    Eric Clapton - Pretending

The first songs I have heard in 2010 on the IPod were,

Funky New Year - Eagles
    Get Over It - Eagles
    Behind The Lines - Genesis
    Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd
    (Glenn Frey)

Stuck on the Border

Well, Koala, just for you, the first Genesis song I heard was Just A Job To Do - and I heard Sixes & Sevens by Robert Plant, but that is it for 'favourite' artists so far.

I can confirm the last Frey song I heard in 2009 was You Belong To The City & the last Eagles song was Peaceful Easy Feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Well, Koala, just for you, the first Genesis song I heard was Just A Job To Do.
    Fp, great song, the whole album is very good!
    (Glenn Frey)

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

BL (before Larry) I always had the radio going all night long. I'm a very light sleeper and wake up several times a night so music at night was just always a constant for me. Larry couldn't sleep with the music going so instead of giving him his own bedroom, I just turned off the radio. Well I was going thru a C. Crane catalog awhile back and saw a pillow speaker, a little speaker for an ipod or radio that has a soft cushion it fits into that you stick inside your pillow case. You can hear the music but no one else in bed (except 1 of my cats) can. I finally got it and used it for the first time last night. HOW FRICKIN' COOL!!!

My whole purpose for posting this is, every time I woke up last night it was an Eagles or solo song even tho I had the Ipod on shuffle. I heard Hotel California, Sunset Grill, POMPOY, Downtime, White Boy & Gimme What You Got. Strange that those were the only times I woke up last night. Seriously! Do you think it's a subconscious thing? It has to be right?

Oh, and the whole cat thing? When I got up to use the...well anyways, when I came back, Ringo was sitting in my spot just staring at the pillow with his head cocked to one side. The other 2 cats & Rufus didn't seem to notice at all. (Yes, we sleep every night with at least 2-4 animals in the bed with us & when Larry leaves, any that weren't in bed jump in to join me-Sad and disturbing I know!)
    He sings it high, he plays it low