Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: iPod Sequences

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

But of course!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Cool thread here!!
    My husband called a little while ago from work-my ringtone is Rocky Mountain Way right now.
    As far as Ipod--couldn't live without it!! My husband calls mine the EaglePod. I carry mine in my car all the time. I have thousands of songs but very seldom have it on shuffle. I have a seperate playlist of nothing but Eagles and their solo stuff so play that more times than not. We took a road trip on Sunday and had it playing LROOE. First time my husband had heard most of it. He wasn't very impressed because he says most of it is to "Country" for him. What does he know anyways! On the way back home, I changed it over to play the older stuff for him.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border

I normally make a playlist about every six weeks when I get bored with the shuffle and feel I have to hear 'certain' songs. I always do big playlists for Don and Glenn's birthdays. For the record my iPod contains 6760 tracks at the moment.

I'm relatively new to this, as I had my ipod nano for Christmas. Unlike hubby, I nearly always have it on shuffle. I have 80 albums and over 1100 tracks so far.
    This morning - Desperado (Glenn) followed by Part Of Me, Part Of You. This afternoon, You Belong To The City, then Long Hot Summer.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Nice selection GEF!

I sometimes leave my ipod (well Creative Zen! Its not strictly ipod!) on random where I have nearly 2000 tracks on it as well as lots of Glenn and Eagles videos and the entire LID concert.

I tend to make playlists, mainly faster 'Glenn ' music which I can exercise to and then some of his slower ballads for relaxing. I've also made a separate LROOE list with the songs where Glenn takes lead to which I'm quite partial!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Your selections are all wonderful. I listen to my mp3 player every morning and evening on the train to and from work. I don't have many albums on it, but all Glenn's albums as well as "Eagles: The Complete Greatest Hits" and LROOE are on there, so needless to say I listen to a lot of Glenn and Eagles music every working day!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Stuck on the Border

A couple of weeks ago I had the iPod play all Glenn songs at random. Today I'll be starting the Eagles. I thought there would be enough time before I have to create the Don/Eagles playlist for July 22. I thought I would do the Beatles in August.

Before recharging I had a double:

Ol '55 (live in 1975)
    Living In Darkness (a huge favourite of mine)

Are you doing anything for Paul McCartney today, FP?

Stuck on the Border

I heard If You Wanna at random yesterday (the 18th) before I recharged, and the night before had heard Calico Skies. I had a double of Good Morning Good Morning and All You Need Is Love the previous day. At the very start of this 'round' I heard Band On The Run and I also heard Crackin' Up from the Russian album. So he got there, although I admit I didn't 'choose' any songs. After Band On The Run I was happy enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    I heard If You Wanna at random yesterday (the 18th) before I recharged, and the night before had heard Calico Skies. I had a double of Good Morning Good Morning and All You Need Is Love the previous day. At the very start of this 'round' I heard Band On The Run and I also heard Crackin' Up from the Russian album. So he got there, although I admit I didn't 'choose' any songs. After Band On The Run I was happy enough.
    Highlighted part: Oh you are so clever, FP! "The Night Before" is one of my favourite Beatles songs.

That's a great selection you got in an unplanned tribute to Paul, although to be fair "Good Morning Good Morning" and "All You Need Is Love" are more Lennon than McCartney! No matter - it's all good. I love "If You Wanna" and "Calico Skies" - "Flaming Pie" is a great album. I admit that I don't know "Crackin' Up" - I don't own the Russian album, although I do have about two or three of those tracks on a "various" cassette.

For a change I have some sequences to share. I got two that made me very happy this morning:

"You Are Not Alone" (Eagles)
    "She Can't Let Go" (Glenn Frey)
    "Best Of My Love" (Eagles)
    "I Don't Want To Hear Anymore" (Eagles)

These tracks were sandwiched between songs by my two other overwhelming favourite artists: "I'm Coming Home" by Elvis Presley and "I'll Be Back" by The Beatles. Sigh.

The second sequence was the following:

"I Found Somebody" (Glenn Frey)
    "Lyin' Eyes" (Eagles)
    "You Can't Do That" (The Beatles)