Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
I've no interest at all in a stage musical. As far as I know, it's a painfully slow development process, even without adding an Eagles metabolism to it.

Starting with a writer approaching the band with a storyboard idea. if that's excepted they'll spend a few years kneading it into an entertaining script then they go through a process of recruitment and staging then a period of pre-production. The end product will be stage school types singing the Eagles back catalogue with show time accompaniment.

The Eagles would have little involvement beyond providing the inspiration, unless, for any one who has seen the 2013, Tom Hanks, Emma Thompson film, Saving Mr. Banks, about the Making of Mary Poppins, Glenn is doing a P.L. Travers and steering the process in the right direction.

If the Eagles musical is as good as Mary Poppins, it'll be worth a look although the Eagles song book doesn't contain a bunch of cheery, up-tempo, life affirming, show tunes.

I hope that, after spending some time in the stage musical environment, Glenn will be desperate to get back to making music with the career musicians he's worked with all his life.
Quite some time ago they stated that Rita Wilson would be producing. I don't know if that has gone by the boards. Rita & Tom Hanks are personal friends of Glenn's. Also, Glenn has been living in New York for a few years now. I have a suspicion that he has been working on this project longer than they are admitting.