Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Songs the Eagles have never performed live

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Songs the Eagles have never performed live

FP, my comment was in reference to the Louisville 2013 show (opening night of this tour), not the Los Angeles 2014 shows, which is what Don is discussing in your link. Please refer to the date of my post which you quoted, which was written on July 7, 2013.

However, thank you for your diligent efforts to ensure there is no misunderstanding on anyone's part.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    FP, my comment was in reference to the Louisville 2013 show (opening night of this tour), not the Los Angeles 2014 shows, which is what Don is discussing in your link. Please refer to the date of my post which you quoted, which was written on July 7, 2013.

However, thank you for your diligent efforts to ensure there is no misunderstanding on anyone's part.
    Sorry.

Just having an interest in this again I think they’re a couple we can agree that have been played. Get you in the mood was played in Denver before they recorded the first album. So I’m not sure if you would consider that. And a few people have claimed to have seen Try and love again live as well as the capital centre concert setlist apparently including It. I haven’t heard of the others being played. I have to think at some point they played is it true as it was a better song than Midnight Flyer (in my opinion) or at least more mainstream. But they played midnight flyer for a while. Anyone else heard or seen one of the songs on the list?

Border Troubadour

According to Eliot's book, On the Border was apparently done at a gig in Anaheim between the OOTN and Hotel California eras. (The concert also featured some other South Cali artists.) That's the only record I have ever seen of On the Border being done live (sadly)

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    According to Eliot's book, On the Border was apparently done at a gig in Anaheim between the OOTN and Hotel California eras. (The concert also featured some other South Cali artists.) That's the only record I have ever seen of On the Border being done live (sadly)
    Hmm. I'd like to see a second source confirm this - while Eliot's book is a very informative one, it does contain some errors. That would be cool if in fact they did perform it, though!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by whitcap View Post
    I've been wondering for a while what songs the Eagles have recorded but never preformed live. I made a list of the songs that I couldn't find live versions of. If you see one on this list that you know they've performed live feel free to correct me

Get You In the Mood
    Most of Us are Sad
    Take the Devil
    My Man
    On the Border
    Is It True
    Hollywood Waltz
    Visions
    I Wish You Peace
    Try and Love Again
    The Disco Strangler
    Teenage Jail
    What Do I Do With My Heart
    Fast Company
    Do Something
    You Are Not Alone
    I Dreamed There Was No War
    Frail Grasp on the Big Picture
    Last Good Time in Town
    I Love to Watch a Woman Dance
    Business as Usual
    Center of the Universe
    It’s Your World Now
    The following have been done live:

1)On The Border https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/eagle...-43c12b03.html

2)Teenage Jail- https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/eagle...d-bdff59e.html

3)Try and Love Again was done in the 77 leg of the Hotel California tour, including 1977 Capital Center

However, we do not have any live footage of these songs

Quote Originally Posted by cosec3791 View Post
    The following have been done live:

1)On The Border https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/eagle...-43c12b03.html

2)Teenage Jail- https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/eagle...d-bdff59e.html

3)Try and Love Again was done in the 77 leg of the Hotel California tour, including 1977 Capital Center

However, we do not have any live footage of these songs
    Thanks for that, I didn’t know OTB was played. I wonder what event they attended where they played less than 10 songs

Border Desperado

Something to remember about the setlist site. It's not official, and not always right. There are some partial listings too.

Border Troubadour

Is that On the Border gig the benefit mentioned in Eliot's book? It involved Linda Ronstadt amongst others too I think, and it remains the only source I have ever seen that states OTB was played live.

Border Rebel

For sure BB. In my concert research I've found lots of discrepancies between set lists and what was actually played. Of course concert reviews didn't give the entire set list but some of the songs the reviewer wrote about gave good info. For instance, "One of these Nights" was not played at my 1980 concert, the reviewer was questioning why. Also he noted that they did "Sea Cruise" even though the set list he saw at the control board called for "The Greeks Don't Want No Freaks." Same thing goes for some of the concert dates listings. My first Eagles concert in 1975 is listed as April and it was actually rescheduled for August. My last concert in June of 1980 isn't listed at all. It must have been added later in the scheduled dates.