Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coming up Wednesday: All-Stars Survivor!

Default Re: Coming up Wednesday: All-Stars Survivor!

I love it when people passionately argue for or against a song - it makes the game much more interesting, IMHO! As for voting against one song to save another - strategic votes and coalitions have been commonplace in Survivor games since we started doing them in 2007. It's just like the TV show in that regard. If you don't like coalitions, don't participate in them - but please don't complain when other players form them. They're a legitimate part of the game and always have been.

This game is not for everyone. If you can't handle people voting in ways you don't like and you get highly agitated if your favorite songs are voted off, it's best for your blood pressure if you refrain from playing.

As you can see, Windeagle, this game has provoked some controversy in the past. People can be very protective of their favorite songs! Still, in the end, most folks have a good time with it.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Oh wow - this is going to be tough!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

I'll give it a shot. Most of my favorites are already gone (pardon the pun), so I'm not emotionally attached to anything on the current list. This is probably a good way to get my feet wet.

My personal favorite made the list, but it probably won't win the game. Still, one never knows!

Even though I know for sure what I want to win, the order which I want the others to go is another matter and one which will require more thought. Hmmmm!

Stuck on the Border

I love these games; some of my absolute favourites are in this list. Interesting.

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

This should be called the Impossible Game! Oh my, how will one pick which song to vote off first? There's not a bad one in the bunch! (I guess that's why they are All-Stars, huh?) This may be the most exciting survivor to date!

Like Soda, I love all the discusstion between songs. It's actually made me look at songs in a different light. I have gained new appreciation for some songs because of strong opinions presented. This should be fun!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Totally LOVE the discussions from everyone and they have been known to sway me at times so please don't stop that!!! As for coalitions and strategics votes, who cares!!! All part of the game and I very seldom do them but I sure don't care if anyone else does it. It makes it extremely interesting. This will be interesting without immunity questions to say the least, and because of it, I predict there might be even more strategic votes with more discussions trying to sway others. Very cool!!

In looking at the list, all I can do is shake my head!! How difficult this will be. I know which song I would of wanted to win 3 or 4 years ago (it was/has been my favorite Eagles song for decades) but I think it's changed over the recent years. Is it possible that after decades of loving the same favorite Eagles song, that it could be knocked down a notch on my list? As tough as it will be, I will really have to give all of these several listens before tomorrow. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Hmmmm some thinking to do here. Think this will be a tough game.
    Melanie

Making arguments to vote off any of these well-loved songs is going to be difficult!

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Making arguments to vote off any of these well-loved songs is going to be difficult!

Yeah, but that's what makes it so interesting!!