Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Shortened Setlists Here to Stay?

Default Re: Shortened Setlists Here to Stay?

Fleetwood Mac plays for that long, and during their last tour tickets were usually $150 before fees. That was in 2009. When/if they tour again, I expect to see it get even pricier, although I doubt they will shorten the show. Stevie and Lindsey are both doing solo tours and don't seem to be slowing down at all.

I think it's safe to say that it wasn't compassion for their fans that kept Fleetwood Mac from charging as much as the Eagles.... more like they thought they couldn't charge that much and still sell well. They charged as much as they thought the market would bear. They're also managed by Azoff, after all.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Fleetwood Mac plays for that long, and during their last tour tickets were usually $150 before fees. That was in 2009. When/if they tour again, I expect to see it get even pricier, although I doubt they will shorten the show. Stevie and Lindsey are both doing solo tours and don't seem to be slowing down at all.

I think it's safe to say that it wasn't compassion for their fans that kept Fleetwood Mac from charging as much as the Eagles.... more like they thought they couldn't charge that much and still sell well. They charged as much as they thought the market would bear. They're also managed by Azoff, after all.
    My Stevie ticket cost A$215 (Platinum) as opposed to the Eagles' $550 or whatever it was.

Now my humble opinion on this topic.
    I think we were up to now simply spoilt which other band or musician plays, otherwise, 3 hours since many years? I know there are a few but not much and they have also been mentioned. A very good 2 hours show, is better in my eyes as a longer show in that the band / musician, vocally and musically can not give their best for whatever reason e.g. voice problems! This also would want nobody!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

As far as I know, when the Eagles play a show with the shortened setlist, there are 2 or more other acts on the program, so fans are getting more for their money than just the Eagles performance. Not that it justifies such high prices though. I agree that we have been spoiled by the 3 hr shows.

Also, Don Felder revealed in his book that a certain percentage was taken right off the top to go to charity. Of course he didn't mention how much. He was just complaining that it went to Don & Glenn's charities without him having a say about it. I have no idea if this is common practise with other artists. Just food for thought. I'm not condoning the high prices!

Yes, I hope everybody here loves Walden Woods because you've all contributed to its upkeep! lol

(Slider - I hope you don't mind, but I've moved your post here).

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Nancy, if I can do it for Ikea with using my family card, then I can certainly do it for Walden Woods.
    Melanie

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

My signed Eagles guitar was entirely in aid of Walden Woods! I must own at least a copse!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP