Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Shortened Setlists Here to Stay?

Default Shortened Setlists Here to Stay?

Found at another forum the setlist:

1. Seven Bridges Road
    2. How Long
    3. Take It To The Limit
    4. Hotel California
    5. Peaceful Easy Feeling
    6. I Can't Tell You Why
    7. Witchy Woman
    8. Lyin' Eyes
    9. Long Road Out Of Eden
    10. Walk Away
    11. The Boys Of Summer
    12. In The City
    13. The Long Run
    14. Life's Been Good
    15. Funk # 49
    16. Heartache Tonight
    17. Life In The Fast Lane
    18. Take It Easy
    19. Rocky Mountain Way
    20. Desperado
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Default Re: Wiesbaden, Germany 19-6-2011

Thanks Koala! S**t, still no WITW and BOML

Quote Originally Posted by EasyFeeling View Post
    Looks like you German folks are going to get the shorter setlist after all.

At least the guys are sounding great!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by EasyFeeling View Post
    Or NMCD.

Stuck on the Border

Default Shortened Setlists Here to Stay?

Just looking at this setlist I wonder why The Long Run has been moved so far down? It used to be after Lyin' Eyes.

I wish if the setlist is going to be so truncated that they would move one of Glenn's songs further down too so the Don-Joe dominance of the second half of it could be broken somewhat.

And as OOTN has been dropped altogether, can I say that I would prefer OOTN to The Long Run.
    Last edited by Freypower; 06-21-2011 at 08:42 PM.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

OOTN is gone? Ooooooooooh nooooooooooo!

I'm afraid they are turning in to that "nostalgia band" they once said wouldn't happen. They are cutting songs like grass. Before long they'll be down to a one hour performance! This is not what I wanted to see for the 40th anniversary tour.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    OOTN is gone? Ooooooooooh nooooooooooo!

I'm afraid they are turning in to that "nostalgia band" they once said wouldn't happen. They are cutting songs like grass. Before long they'll be down to a one hour performance! This is not what I wanted to see for the 40th anniversary tour.
    I couldn't agree with you more.

But they don't drop the solo songs, do they?

I have to say I've been kind of disappointed lately with what I've been hearing. The cutting of songs, Don flipping off the media (which is really immature and disgusts me), the whole "grapes that don't fall off" thing, and the interviews I've read lately about them kind of disappoint me.

Perhaps it would be better for me to revisit the "Dream Setlist" or the thread where we talk about what should be in a setlist but I think they need to rework it somewhat and throw in some of those tunes again. As far as solo numbers, IMO every guy (including Glenn and Tim) should have one solo number in a show but not 3 or 4 and only have it be 2 guys. As I've said many times before, and not to beat the dead horse into the ground, but I can't imagine going to an Eagles show and not hearing "Life's Been Good" or "The Boys Of Summer". Also as I've said before I much prefer the live version with the Eagles of LBG to the studio solo track. But I ALSO can't imagine going to an Eagles show and not hearing "One Of These Nights" or "Already Gone" though. That's sacrilegious to me as an Eagles fan. But I digress. But like the Rolling Stones say, "You Can't Always Get What You Want". That applies here.

I will say, I will have to see how things turn out and end up before I buy a ticket if they happen to come to the area on the Anniversary tour. I am NOT at all a fan of the current setlist.

Just my .02c here.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I couldn't agree with you more.

But they don't drop the solo songs, do they?
    My thoughts exactly!!! Very disappointed in the setlist right now.

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88
    I have to say I've been kind of disappointed lately with what I've been hearing. The cutting of songs, Don flipping off the media (which is really immature and disgusts me), the whole "grapes that don't fall off" thing, and the interviews I've read lately about them kind of disappoint me.

Perhaps it would be better for me to revisit the "Dream Setlist" or the thread where we talk about what should be in a setlist but I think they need to rework it somewhat and throw in some of those tunes again. As far as solo numbers, IMO every guy (including Glenn and Tim) should have one solo number in a show but not 3 or 4 and only have it be 2 guys. As I've said many times before, and not to beat the dead horse into the ground, but I can't imagine going to an Eagles show and not hearing "Life's Been Good" or "The Boys Of Summer". Also as I've said before I much prefer the live version with the Eagles of LBG to the studio solo track. But I ALSO can't imagine going to an Eagles show and not hearing "One Of These Nights" or "Already Gone" though. That's sacrilegious to me as an Eagles fan. But I digress. But like the Rolling Stones say, "You Can't Always Get What You Want". That applies here.

I will say, I will have to see how things turn out and end up before I buy a ticket if they happen to come to the area on the Anniversary tour.
    I am NOT at all a fan of the current setlist.
    I couldn't agree more, especially with the first paragraph and the highlighted quotes!!! It's a little disheartening right now.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    I couldn't agree more, especially with the first paragraph and the highlighted quotes!!! It's a little disheartening right now.
    Yep. It comes across in a lot of ways, but to me it seems like a mixture of arrogance and immaturity and just disgusts me. I'll be honest I did laugh when I first saw TG put that "photo" of Don as her avatar (mainly because she put it as her avatar and not about the photo itself), but when I first saw that picture I was very disgusted and still am today. Plus from what I've heard about his personality just disappoints me and the way he acts in public. I've done a lot of "sticking up" so to speak for Don on the music forums I'm on, most there have the opinion that he is a polarizing figure and a an a-hole. Regardless of his personality or egotism, he is still my favorite singer of all time and definitely my favorite Eagles vocalist and always will be. And I'm not trying to single out Don here in this, for all I know all 4 of them are guilty but it's Don that I've been hearing about it seems like. Especially with the pic.

Not to go too off topic but my "dream" setlist would be one solo song from each guy. If I had it my way, it'd be Don doing "Boys Of Summer", Glenn doing "Smuggler's Blues", Joe doing "Life's Been Good", and Tim doing something like "Secular Praise". And the rest of it needs to be Eagles tunes. I do want one solo song from each member but I'd probably settle for just LBG from Joe but that wouldn't be fair. Also, I think the tunes from LROOE need to be kept in balance with their older stuff. As much as I hate to say it, they are known for their 70s music the most and in my opinion it should be played the most. 3 or so LROOE songs is fine, but I'd much rather hear "One Of These Nights", "Already Gone", or "New Kid In Town" over "Long Road Out Of Eden". Sorry, but it's true. Balance is good. They need to play the hits, that's why people come and pay to see them. Just my opinion. No disrespect for LROOE.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."