View Poll Results: What's your favorite music format?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vinyl

6 17.65%
  • 8-Track (no, really)

0 0%
  • Cassette Tape

1 2.94%
  • CD

20 58.82%
  • MP3 or digital format

7 20.59%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Favorite Music format?

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: Favorite Music format?

I voted for cds. I buy cds, vinyl, and cassettes quite frequently, and use Spotify almost daily(digital format).
    I love the digital format for its mobility aspect. Plus, it's great for doing what I'm doing right now, which is doing several different things on the computer while listening to my loved tracks playlist on Spotify. I can notice some loss of sound quality, and I don't like not having a physical, tangible copy. That's why I try to buy albums on at least one physical format, alongside the digital format.

I love vinyl for the gatefolds and beautiful artwork, but they're bulky, difficult to maintain, and a decent turntable costs at least $150. They do have the best sound quality, though.

I've never played 8 tracks since finding a player for them isn't easy or finding them for that matter!

Cassettes are small, portable, and can last a long time. Most are very cheap nowadays, and you can find a boombox for less than $40 easily. The cons are the small or nonexistent art work/liner notes, and having to rewind or fast forward them.

I think that some of the older folks prefer vinyl because that's what they grew up with. When I bought AC/DC's Back in Black album on vinyl, my mom sort of lit up because it brought back memories of her being my age and spinning the record when It came out. I'm kind of like that with cds. They're the format that I first got hooked on at the age of 12 when I became a huge music fan, and I own more them than the other formats. ( 530 cds, 395 records/45 singles, and 73 cassettes at last count).
    Cds are fairly portable, easy to maintain, there are several different devices that you can play them in, there's little sound loss, and the art work/liner notes are a good size. I really don't find any cons expect that like every other physical format, you can't stuff them in your pocket to carry around like an Ipod or have Spotify or something similar on your phone.
    Last edited by AlreadyGone95; 02-10-2016 at 05:23 PM.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time