Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Another new Eagles book: "Taking It to the Limit" by Fong-Torres

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Another new Eagles book: "Taking It to the Limit" by Fong-Torres

There's a caption for a sig banner FP! I look forward to it!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I just received my copy. The photos are beautiful (there is a double page one of Glenn during the Allnighter period which is particularly nice). I do recognise a lot of the stories from previous books/articles. From what I can work out it seems very even-handed.

ETA: Having started reading, Tim is described in the 'my encounters with the Eagles' chapter as the one who sings the high notes in TITTL. This is not the same as saying he sings or ever did sing lead on the song. At least that is how I interpret it.

ETA2: It isn't very well worded because it says he hits the high notes on TITTL & ICTYW, which could be interpreted as him singing lead on both songs, or neither of them. I agree it's confusing.

Glenn is described as 'the piston from Detroit' as opposed to the Lion or Tiger, I guess. The phrase has stuck in my head & I don't know why it never occurred to me before.
    If it's a small 'p', then it's a good reference. If it's a capital 'P' like the basketball team, it's not. The Pistons are the one team out of Detroit that Glenn has always said he never liked!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

Well, it's spelt with a small 'p' but the reference to the Detroit Pistons is obvious. I still don't know if I want to use it in a banner or not.

...woohoo..was away all weekend and when I checked my mail tonight...my book was here...can't wait to look at it...

I got an e mail from Amazon telling me that the shipping date for my book has been delayed until Oct 24. It was supposed to have been shipped on the 11th! GH, did you order yours from Amazon.ca or.com?

Where did you visit in N.B.?

"I got mine"..lol...from Amazon.ca..........and we were in Moncton for the weekend...Love that place...and the weather was spectacular...

I preordered from Amazon.ca shortly after the book was announced. Don't know why my order is delayed.

We go to Moncton quite often. It was a beautiful weekend. We have had some great weather this month. Much warmer than usual. I imagine you have had similar weather.

I know everyone who has received their book says there really isn't anything new, but I'm always anxious to get anything Eagle related!

I haven`t had time to look at mine yet..but I`m with you...anything Eagles related, is worth it...so where do you live in NB..

Got mine yesterday, just flipping through it right after I received it and noticed on page 32, above a picture of Timothy with Poco, it says, "Below: Poco. This incarnation included Timothy B. Schmit but Bernie Leadon was in the original lineup." Really? Bernie/Randy--they're interchangeable.

This is such a HUGE error that it's not even excusable. Bernie was never in Poco, & WTH?? What about Randy? Just shows how little this writer knows about them. After that, I won't really believe much this writer has to say! That is a huge turn off to me. Sorry, I won't be reading this one....

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

It is a huge error, but since it wasn't the writer's error but the publisher/editor's, it didn't faze me a whole lot on his credibility, especially as the text had it right. At least, I assume the author had input on pictures and captions, but I doubt they were in the version he edited and sent. I'm not defending the mistake, just trying to cut the author some slack. Several people (including the author) should have caught it in the final proof.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.