Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eagles Go Golfing for Charity

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

I can't believe they are doing something like this as a group!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border tequila girl's Avatar

This sounds really interesting....are Don, Joe or Tim known for their golfing skills? I know Glenn is!
    ~Carole~

There is no more new frontier - we have got to make it here

Border Desperado

I can't believe this is for real. Just how hard is golf? I'm thinking....I've got 3 golfers in my family, can I learn how to play by then? Golf can't be all that hard. To play in this tournament, do you think there would be people playing that are just beginners (besides Don, Timothy and Joe)?

Quote Originally Posted by Woodstock View Post
    I can't believe this is for real. Just how hard is golf? I'm thinking....I've got 3 golfers in my family, can I learn how to play by then? Golf can't be all that hard. To play in this tournament, do you think there would be people playing that are just beginners (besides Don, Timothy and Joe)?
    Yes it appears as if most people who participated in past tournaments from photos on-line are alumni and/or current players' moms and dads.

FYI: It's a public course and there are actually two separate courses: The Classic Course and The Players Course. Both are part of a much larger recreational park called, the Miles Square Park, which is reportedly huge and includes a driving range. It seems doubtful that they will close the entire park down so the Eagles should be easily accessible to the public whether you play in the tournie or not.

The registration form I downloaded says there are going to be 36 teams and I assume 18 holes. I doubt that the Eagles are going to play as a team but I could be wrong. Best case scenario-each Eagle plays x number of holes with each team.

So, that being said, if anyone wants to team up-I'm game and don't worry I was never that good and haven't played since college. I checked with the pro shop and you can rent a set of clubs for $20-not bad. Still waiting to hear though if spectators will be welcome.

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGal
    Last edited by carol7lynn; 05-13-2011 at 08:08 PM.

Out on the Border

Carol-Lynn. I would go in a minute if I thought I could golf!!! I have my knee in a brace so I can TRY to play right now..... Even tho it is Not Golf weather here in IA. (50)

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wow - very interesting! I can't play golf, but I am a very good observer of the game and I've sure missed going to Pebble Beach. Looks like we definitely need to do some more investigation to see if spectators will be allowed at the event.

And welcome, Kate. Hope you hang around and enjoy yourself here on The Border.
    Last edited by Ive always been a dreamer; 05-19-2011 at 12:35 AM.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Border Desperado

Carol-Lynn, I'm game. Do you really think we could put together a team? Anyone else game? I must put Learn How To Golf on my to-do list TODAY! We're supposed to take a family vacation in July and I'll need to double check the date, I think it's July 18 (I hope). Can you really imagine golfing with the Eagles!!!!

Talking Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Quote Originally Posted by Woodstock View Post
    Carol-Lynn, I'm game. Do you really think we could put together a team? Anyone else game? I must put Learn How To Golf on my to-do list TODAY! We're supposed to take a family vacation in July and I'll need to double check the date, I think it's July 18 (I hope). Can you really imagine golfing with the Eagles!!!!
    Date: Monday, July 11th
    Team: Ab-so-lute-ly

I've made my mind up I'm going-team or not. I'll sign up solo if no one else on the board is game and let them team me up with another group or one of the Eagles-TimmieB of course that goes without saying. I missed my chance in Santa Barbara because I got cold feet but that won't happen again. This is a golden opp. I'll hang out at the sign in table if nothing else. Anyway, I have to wait until Wednesday when I get paid to send in my app so if you or anyone else is really serious about going better PM me before Wednesday.!

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGal
    Last edited by carol7lynn; 05-14-2011 at 08:01 PM.

Border Desperado

Carol-Lynn, This is a golden opportunity. I'm a little nervous about the fact that I don't know how to play golf but the real deal breaker is telling my husband. I just haven't gotten the nerve to mention this to him yet. When I mention the word EAGLES to him he knows that means $$$$$. I live in Northern California so I would probably fly down for this. It would be really great if we could get a foursome to have a real team. Somehow that would make us seem more legit. Sometime tomorrow I will mention this little golfing trip I want to take. God help me!!!! If this really happened and we played golf with the Eagles I would be so tongue-tied I probably would not be able to speak. Sometime I will tell you all about the time I met TBS and opened my mouth and stuck my foot in it. I feel bad about it to this day. Wish me luck tomorrow.

Re the golf - did I see a mention of dinner-only tickets too?

Of course it's something like 10,000 kilometres (6,500 miles) too far away for me!
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne