Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you become a fan of the Eagles/a specific Eagle?

Stuck on the Border

Nice to have you here MF. Glenn is certainly 'the melody without a cure'.

Welcome, welcome, welcome!
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?

Default Beautiful Glenn

Thank you so much for your welcomes, Everybody! You are all fantastic. It's Glenn time again (you know, lunchtime), and I've just come off a two-hour meeting here at work, so I've earned my Glenn time.

I've noticed something quite interesting about Glenn's eyes in most of the photos I have seen of him, as well as the videos. I'm sure all of you have picked up on this, and have probably discussed it too, but how is it that Glenn's eyes look brown (and a beautiful brown, too) most of the time, when he has such stunning blue eyes? In the video for "Livin' Right", they look green! Well, and here is another compliment for him, but it just goes to show that whatever the colour of his eyes, they remain incredibly striking.

While I was watching the Richard Jeni and Don Lane interviews (and I've watched them more than once!), I was taken by the way Glenn fixes his gaze at whomever he is speaking to. He also includes everyone in the audience as well as the camera, so that he can address his fans watching. Wow, how I would love to be the subject of his gaze...

Can't you hear my heart beating?!

I love all the videos of Glenn on this site, but I think my hot favourite is the video for "Soul Searchin'". I love the part where he returns home and hugs his "wife" - the passion in the hug and sincerity shown by the closed eyes (oh! help!!! I actually need to do some work after Glenn time). I also enjoy the part in the video for "True Love", where he pulls the young lady up onto the stage, sings to her, then hugs her. How I wish that I could've been chosen to play the girl - only snag would've been that I was 11 years old when the video was made (dang!). But of course, I could dream about it...

Sorry, I'm going on and on (and on...). Thanks, Soda, for the help regarding the avatar. My choice is predictable enough...

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Welcome MF! Glad you've joined us!

In terms of Glenn's eyes, that is one of his MANY charms. His eye color appears to be blue, green, brown or hazel depending on the lights :P

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well MF - You are correct in that this has been a topic discussed often among his hardcore fans. Lighting can do odd things to colors. One theory is that his eyes appear to be a darker color when his pupils are dilated. I can tell you for sure that on a rainy or cloudy day on a golf course his eyes are a blueish gray color. Whether or not he was wearing contacts at the time, I'm not sure.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I was standing pretty close to him when he was talking to us and I looked for the tell-tale ring or edge of the contact while he was looking at you guys. I couldn't see anything. But then, I didn't want to get caught staring so intently.
    So perhaps he was wearing them and I just couldn't detect it.

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Default Re: Beautiful Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey
    My favourite is the "Allnighter" photo, where Glenn lies across the bed with closed eyes.
    You're right, it's one of my favourite photos too.
    Welcome to the board, Mrs. F.

I think his eyes are hazel, and that's why they look to be different colors depending on the lighting and what he's wearing. I will say that when his eyes are BRIGHT blue, as I've seen in the Producers premiere photos, they are indeed contacts. Indeed, because his eyes weren't such a bright blue at Pebble Beach, I don't think they were color contacts. Color contacts tend to be very vivid.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I've seen too many photos of him now with blue eyes to think that they are any other colour. Because I have no idea whether or not he wears contact lenses, I don't understand why he would wear lenses which are not his natural eye colour. I realise the people at Pebble Beach had a closer look than I ever will, but I can't be convinced his eyes are any other colour than blue.

Quote Originally Posted by timfan
    Welcome MF! Glad you've joined us!

In terms of Glenn's eyes, that is one of his MANY charms. His eye color appears to be blue, green, brown or hazel depending on the lights :P
    He's very charming!
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?