Quote Originally Posted by SallyGee View Post
Went to see Ringo last week. Always fun to see a Beatle in concert. They are such a big part of musical history! Of course the whole place sang along with every Beatle song. So much fun. His All Starr band was Todd Rundgren, guitar player from Toto, keyboard player from Santana, guitar player from Mister Mister. ( Sorry, I don't know their names.)So they each did a few of their hits. They sounded good, but the Beatle songs were definitely the highlights.
Last night we saw the Doobie Brothers and Peter Frampton. They both sounded great, but I enjoyed the Doobie Brothers a little more because I knew every song. Peter Frampton was really good, but I didn't know some of his songs. I never realized what an awesome guitar player he is. Austin, if you get the chance to see him, go. You. would really appreciate him. He really seemed to be having a great time playing. I love to see that. He had some tough times for a while there, so it's nice to see him doing what he loves.
I also saw the Ringo Concert. Were you at the Beacon Theater? We really enjoyed it too. Last year, I saw Frampton, who had Don Felder as a guest. This was also at the Beacon & was a great show.

As for Frampton, he was considered a young guitar aficionado back when he was 17 or so. He joined Humble Pie at a very young age when Steve Marriot recognized his talent. I think it was one of the big producers that convinced him to go solo, but his album kind of made him into a pretty boy star, which I don't think was the image he was after. He's really one of those great blues guitar players almost in the league of Eric Clapton.