Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Duluth, MN May, 2004

Default Re: Duluth, MN May, 2004

Ahhh, found the tickets: June 19, 2002. seat 101 5 1 K wherever that was! I really can't remember that concert. Except that it was one freakin' LONG drive to get up there! The tickets were $135 ea.

We went to so many of the concerts in such a short period of time that most of them sort of run together.

There were highlight stops on our stalking of them over a period of 3 or 4 years. Chicago, where I met Joe stands out. And Indianapolis were I had 3rd row seats and TBS jumped off stage to give a pick to a little girl directly in front of me (then after the break, Glenn handed the security guard what turned out to be two complete sets of picks for the girl and her sister. And then after the first song, Henley brought the sticks he used and gave them to the little girls). That little girl...couldn't have been more than 5 or 6 looked like Shirley Temple. Standing up in the seat the entire concert and belting out all the lyrics and keeping time with ever song! Timothy spotted her and made eyes at her all during the first set <LOL>. Oh were the two ladies sitting next to us PISSED! I heard one say to the other "How come that little girl gets everything. We're a lot bigger fans than she is!" I wanted to lean over to them and tell them that KARMA HAPPENS! <LOL>

Let's see, on that particular leg of our stalking, we'd gone to Madison, WI, then to Chicago, Then to Columbus, Ohio, then to Indianapolis, and then I think to either St Louis or to Dallas or to Wichita or to Oklahoma City. I just can't remember the 5th stop but there were 5 concerts in 7 days!

Minneapolis was not on that leg of "our" tours.

MikeA

Cute little girls stories, GA & Mike!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post

Let's see, on that particular leg of our stalking, we'd gone to Madison, WI, then to Chicago, Then to Columbus, Ohio, then to Indianapolis, and then I think to either St Louis or to Dallas or to Wichita or to Oklahoma City. I just can't remember the 5th stop but there were 5 concerts in 7 days!

Minneapolis was not on that leg of "our" tours.
    Lucky little girls!!! So very cool how the guys did that. I sure hope Mom & Dad made sure those treasures were put away for safe keeping!

BTW---Mike will you & Verna adopt me and take me on a stalking trip with you? Pleeeeez!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

We made a big mistake Willie. We went to the Las Vegas concert in around 2005. Since then, that's the only city we've gone to on vacations! I think that was our last Eagles concert too. Since then, we've seen 3-Dog-Night, C&N, Paul Revere and the Raiders, Santana, Joe Walsh with the other two members of the Gang (Peters and Fox) and again with Stone Temple Pilot.

I think we netted something like 17 concerts (maybe off one or two) over less than 5 years. I think we've had enough <LOL>.

I'd still travel some to see Walsh again though.

MikeA

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    They started playing Funk 49 and the lighting was different than it had been. The lights kept changing colors on certain places in the song where there was a pause, and every time the lights would change the guys would get into a Charlie's Angels-like pose with their guitars. Now you've got to stop and picture this in your head. When the light changed they would quit moving and were like statues. At one point Glenn was on one foot with his guitar extended and he almost tipped over. It took him a really long time to right himself. I have to give him credit, he didn't put the other foot down...but he didn't do that particular move again, either! They were just trying it out. Afterward, they were doing something like that but not so Charlie's Angels-ish.
    Man, I wish I could've seen that! lol. Thanks for all the details!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten