Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243 LastLast

Thread: Press and Discussion about Don's new album(s) in progress

Default Re: Press and Discussion about Don's new album(s)

Capitol.

YES! I'm putting this news on the front page of DonHenleyOnline. With a record company on board, I think this is really gonna happen.

Thanks for the link, VA!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    I put this in the Grand Forks anticipation thread since it's an interview with Don about the Eagles and their HOTE documentary and tour. It's a good interview.

At the very end...Cass County will be out Mid-September!

http://www.inforum.com/variety/music...-forks-tonight

Assuming the mid-September date holds, that would make it Sept 8, 15, or 22.
    Finally!! I could almost forgive them for not returning to Europe for a final lap of the HOTE tour, if this was released!!

I just hope that Don doesn't forget about us on this side of the pond when he' s promoting/touring for it ......
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Yeeeeeessss!!! We've been waiting so long for this and it's finally looking certain. Now, a solo tour coming to my neck of the woods would really make it amazing... hint hint, Don. Can't wait to hear this!!
    ~ Tori
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/images/henley24.jpg

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    ...Cass County will be out Mid-September!
    What Year?

..only kidding

September is pretty good. The vast majority of CDs are bought at Christmas, so Don's got a few months to make sure his CD is placed under many Christmas trees on Christmas Eve.

Glenn, Joe and Tim all spent a week or two in the UK to promote their solo CDs, Tim even played some shows.

I saw Don solo once in 1989, I think I still have the Life In The Fast Lane T-Shirt, it'd be great to see him again, after all these years.

Manchester had no adequate venues in 1989, we now have the mighty BBC here (ok Salford) so there's a reasonable chance that Don will pay us a visit. Joe and Tim did.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post

September is pretty good. The vast majority of CDs are bought at Christmas, so Don's got a few months to make sure his CD is placed under many Christmas trees on Christmas Eve.
    That used to be the case, but now everyone gives gift cards, so it seems most sales are now in the days following Christmas.

With a Sept. release date, it seems my mother will finally get Don's album as a birthday gift (October).
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Cass County will actually be my first new album by Don. The other albums I bought years after they came out. It kinda feels good to have a new album by Don when he's still touring or still around.

I hope those people who are invited to hear Don's album post something. Somebody usually do.

Banned

I really hope that Don has a few tracks that create a stir like Boys Of Summer and End Of The Innocence did in the 80s. I heard Sunset Grill quite a bit on the radio too.

I wont be tuning in to any country music stations to chance on a track though.

Like The Eagles, Don's albums have always contained two or three stand out, radio hits. Up until Inside Job anyway.

It'll be great to see how Cass County gets on.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I really hope that Don has a few tracks that create a stir like Boys Of Summer and End Of The Innocence did in the 80s. I heard Sunset Grill quite a bit on the radio too.

I wont be tuning in to any country music stations to chance on a track though.

Like The Eagles, Don's albums have always contained two or three stand out, radio hits. Up until Inside Job anyway.

It'll be great to see how Cass County gets on.
    I agree, F50, I won't be tuning in to country radio. I'll buy the CD and listen to it often.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

The biggest local radio station near me is a country station. They play country songs from the 80s - present. I usually listen to music at night to help me fall asleep. Though I'm not a big country fan, that station is usually the only station that comes in clear (damn tin roof ). It would be cool to hear a new Don Henley song olaying on that station!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time