Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Press and Discussion about Don's new album(s) in progress

Default Re: Press and Discussion about Don's new album(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EasyFeeling View Post
    It looks like Don is still working on the new album because Gregg Bissonette just finished working on a couple songs.
    Something just occurred to me.... Isn't Bissonette more Jazz/rock than country? Maybe this is for the R&B album.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I don't even think about this album anymore, When Don is ready to release it, he will. It's been so long that who knows if it is even going to happen.
    Besides, if the Eagles are going to do a big tour in 2013, for the 41st Anniversary, I can't see Don releasing a solo album at the same time. He would probably want to do at least a small tour for the new album, so I can't see these both going on at the same time. I would rather see a new big Eagles tour than wait on Don...He just does things at his own pace, & I guess the timing is just not right for him right now. If he did it when Joe & Glenn released their albums, that would have been OK, because they had time to tour their solo albums, & Don could have done the same.
    Now, it's late, with the DVD release & the supposed new tour....well, doesn't seem like it will happen.

Don't hold your breath folks!

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Something just occurred to me.... Isn't Bissonette more Jazz/rock than country? Maybe this is for the R&B album.
    I thought the same thing, Soda. I think Bissonette appeared on the Inside Job album? I guess he could be working on either... and all we can do is keep on hoping the album/s come/s out. Soon, please.
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    I don't even think about this album anymore, When Don is ready to release it, he will. It's been so long that who knows if it is even going to happen.
    Besides, if the Eagles are going to do a big tour in 2013, for the 41st Anniversary, I can't see Don releasing a solo album at the same time. He would probably want to do at least a small tour for the new album, so I can't see these both going on at the same time. I would rather see a new big Eagles tour than wait on Don...He just does things at his own pace, & I guess the timing is just not right for him right now. If he did it when Joe & Glenn released their albums, that would have been OK, because they had time to tour their solo albums, & Don could have done the same.
    Now, it's late, with the DVD release & the supposed new tour....well, doesn't seem like it will happen.

Don't hold your breath folks!
    I agree. I've just given up on this one for awhile.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Out on the Border

The country album would hopefully be released this year or the next, unless Don just lets it sit on the shelf indefinitely. However, we can only speculate, as his projected release date has come and gone yet again. Since the soul/R&B album hasn't been spoken of in a while, I don't see it happening any time soon, although he apparently continues to work on it.

Welcome!
    Thanks, Soda. I appreciate the various inputs I read about in this message board. I wonder though why the Eagles are not as open to fan inputs as say their contemporaries from the 70s. I'm a James Taylor fan myself and JT's site provides email access to fans. Ditto with Eric Clapton and Jennifer Warnes. In the case of Jennifer Warnes, she even has an official rep who writes back. The Border, L & M and EaglesOnline are much more helpful in providing band and solo member updates than their official website.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Maybe they think that 'hey, we are getting this done for free by our fans, why pay someone?'

Just a thought!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Maybe they think that 'hey, we are getting this done for free by our fans, why pay someone?'

Just a thought!
    Good proactive answer which tends to melt away the frustration, Brooke. Cheers!

Maybe he's thinking of releasing both of them at once or one on the heels of the other.
    ~Sara

Just bringing this link over because here, Don says that the album is going to be released in May!

http://www.atlanticcityinsiders.com/...a4bcf887a.html

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border tequila girl's Avatar

Woohooooo
    I did read somewhere that he's going to be coming to UK in Feb to promote it!
    ~Carole~

There is no more new frontier - we have got to make it here