Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Press and Discussion about Don's new album(s) in progress

Default Re: Press and Discussion about Don's new album(s)

Let's not get carried away about Don being greedy and holding out, this is all speculation. But he needs to get this out, whatever the holdup is, for real.
    ~Sara

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

It looks like Don is still working on the new album because Gregg Bissonette just finished working on a couple songs.

Thanks for the info. If anything good comes out of Tim's situation, perhaps it will be the realization that time is precious and if you want to put out an album, you need to do it while you can instead of dithering about it for nigh on four years.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Thanks for the info. If anything good comes out of Tim's situation, perhaps it will be the realization that time is precious and if you want to put out an album, you need to do it while you can instead of dithering about it for nigh on four years.
    i second that emotion........
    hope it wakes them all up a little bit...
    life and time are precious

Out on the Border

Glad to note I'm not alone with my frustration and disappointment over the long-delayed release of Henley's 2 albums (i.e., one country and one covers/soul?) Noted that the record company behind Analog Man is not one of the usual big-name recording companies. Maybe he can reach out to his friend Jackson Browne who's pretty tight with Inside Recordings. Or maybe he can produce it himself.

The question I'd like to pose to the community is: given all these delays, when do you think these 2 albums would see the light of day?

Thanks.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Thanks for putting it that way, Sodascouts. I agree with your insight. I sure hope they see/he sees it this way as well. Yup, his "perfectionism" can sometimes be a double-edged sword. Over the years, I have often wondered why he never bothered to release say, his VH1 Storytellers and Unplugged episodes on CD or DVD while his peers led by the likes of Neil Young, Eric Clapton, Sting, Bruce Springsteen were doing it left and right in between their next albums. When he did update his Actual Miles, The End of the Innocence was not included in the DVD video compilation.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by StephUK View Post
    I was just thinking the same thing, after reading about Glenn & Joe and their albums. Okay, so Don is known for taking absolutely forever to get an album out, but his was being talked about long before the others were mentioned. Hope we see something from Mr Henley real soon.
    Your inputs are spot-on, StephUK. Long before Analog Man and After Hours were released, Henley has been speaking to the press about his 2 albums which unfortunately will eventually be just 1.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonmartin View Post
    Thanks for putting it that way, Sodascouts. I agree with your insight. I sure hope they see/he sees it this way as well. Yup, his "perfectionism" can sometimes be a double-edged sword. Over the years, I have often wondered why he never bothered to release say, his VH1 Storytellers and Unplugged episodes on CD or DVD while his peers led by the likes of Neil Young, Eric Clapton, Sting, Bruce Springsteen were doing it left and right in between their next albums. When he did update his Actual Miles, The End of the Innocence was not included in the DVD video compilation.
    he shudda released them jmo

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yep - It's too bad we didn't get a solo album from Don in 2012 - we can only hope that we'll see it this year. However, quite honestly, if releasing it would interfere with any Eagles plans at this point, I'd just as soon he continue to put it on the back burner. In a perfect world, maybe we'll get both a Henley solo album and a new Eagles tour this year!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonmartin View Post
    Glad to note I'm not alone with my frustration and disappointment over the long-delayed release of Henley's 2 albums (i.e., one country and one covers/soul?) Noted that the record company behind Analog Man is not one of the usual big-name recording companies. Maybe he can reach out to his friend Jackson Browne who's pretty tight with Inside Recordings. Or maybe he can produce it himself.

The question I'd like to pose to the community is: given all these delays, when do you think these 2 albums would see the light of day?

Thanks.
    The country album would hopefully be released this year or the next, unless Don just lets it sit on the shelf indefinitely. However, we can only speculate, as his projected release date has come and gone yet again. Since the soul/R&B album hasn't been spoken of in a while, I don't see it happening any time soon, although he apparently continues to work on it.

Welcome!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten