Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Press and Discussion about Don's new album(s) in progress

Default Re: Press and Discussion about Don's new album(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    Don will probably want to tour solo. Despite my euphoria about Glenn announcing his album, I now have a horrible feeling that he won't either tour or promote. I don't want his album to be 'buried' because it is a covers album with no original material (to our knowledge....) But Don's track record as a solo artist is more high profile and more recent and he is more willing to do promotion.

This is the truth; I can't spin this to make it more favourable to Glenn. Back to reality. Anyway this is Don's thread so I will say no more.
    Are you psychic, FP, that you somehow know that Glenn won't promote his album despite the fact that he specifically brought it up at our show and played new songs from it? I can't believe you are projecting into the future and complaining about things that haven't even happened yet! Geez! I'm sorry if I sound harsh but come on!

Back on topic. Don is helped by the fact that he can get some buzz going for his new album while he's going around talking with interviewers about other issues. He keeps a higher profile regardless of whether or not he has something to promote, and that is definitely a plus for him.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Soda, it's not harsh to say that. I know what that sounded like. Of course I don't know and of course I'm not psychic. As you say, this is about Don's album so talk about that.

I'm very much looking forward to hearing the new album (even if I have to wait for Northern Hemisphere spring - I got just a nanosecond of hope thinking "it's spring now" and then reality came crashing in).

I haven't heard a lot of country music, but have started listening to a little since joining this board - finding the stuff Don has done as duets and then looking at some more of those artists' stuff...

Have there been any updates about his second album, or does that seem to have been absorbed in his glacial workplan, only to resurface after the next ice age? I want that one to come out too! Or at least for there to be little hints of what's coming...
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

The second album hasn't been mentioned in months. It will probably still happen... in a few years. lol

OK, Don, time to get your a$$ in gear! Your bandmates are leaving you in the dust! lol

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Another album coming? I guess I will have to read this thread when I have more time, I am way behind news.

Well, it's "in the works." While it's been "in the works" for quite a while, a few months ago, Don said that it would probably come out in Spring of 2012. With both Glenn and Joe stepping up and releasing albums this spring, Don would do well to heed their example!

Stuck on the Border tequila girl's Avatar

Wasn't Don supposed to be releasing Two new albums?......or did I dream that?
    ~Carole~

There is no more new frontier - we have got to make it here

That was his initial ambition but it seems the R&B album has been put on the backburner; the more recent focus (as in the past year or so) has been on the country album.

Yes - don't keep us waiting too long, Don! A whole album of Mr. Henley singing old-style country is my kind of heaven.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--