Quote Originally Posted by pueblo47 View Post
And for the ones who say they don't like country music, what are the Eagles but country rock, despite them trying to shed that reputation?.
Well I think they have went to pretty much every genre. They've done RnB type tunes, country tunes, more hard rock tunes, bluesy rock tunes, and more bluegrass or folk tunes. They have really made a song in all of those genres and one of the biggest reasons I think the Eagles are so successful. There is something for everyone to enjoy.

I won't go on about it in this thread, but you know I prefer the 'rockier' (musically) years of the Hotel California and Long Run era. BUT On the Border I love, I can't get enough of "Already Gone", "The Best Of My Love", "James Dean", etc. In fact, now, I can say On The Border is probably my 2nd favorite Eagles album. Adding Felder was a very smart move IMO, and then Walsh was the perfect guy to get when Leadon left. Just a great band in any form!

When I say I don't like country music, it's mainly me coming from a blues/rock background. Most country is kind of "boring" for me but when they rock it up, I dig that (like the OTB album for instance). But again, the Eagles have really made music in so many different genres there is something for everybody.

I'll run out and buy Don's album though, just as I will for Joe. And hopefully this will inspire some of the others to do a solo album as well (cough...GLENN...cough).