Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Cool! I really liked Brooks & Dunn in the 90s. Sorry to hear they've broken up.

As for the interview, I was kind of confused about what was going on there. It seems Dunn walked in and they decided to do Seven Bridges Road off the cuff, which made me think it was a warm up or something... but then he says they spent two hours on it, and he didn't talk about doing anything else, which makes me think that's what he was there to record. Plus, unless Don was joking or I'm misunderstanding, he approached Randy Travis about singing harmony on the song. That sure sounds like it's getting recorded.

If Don indeed is putting SBR on his album, I think it's a big mistake. It is a signature Eagles harmony song and - although I like Ronnie Dunn - he and Alison Krauss aren't the Eagles. I'm afraid the song will pale in comparison to the "real deal."

By the way, Krauss is sure making the rounds with the classic rockers, isn't she? lol
That's how I read it & I agree with what you say; I'm surprised more people haven't commented on this. To put it mildly it shows a certain lack of imagination & an apparent disregard for the Eagles' legacy. But the quoted statement 'I've recorded some Eagles stuff' suggests that 7BR will not be the only Eagles song on this album. I say again; WHY?