Quote Originally Posted by chaim
No one bought Tony's solo albums, and yet they were discussed in the documentary. Steve has said that he was interviewed about his solo career, and he spent time discussing it. Then it was all edited out. Personally I'm not saying that they should have covered all of Steve's albums, but they could at least have mentioned that he continued to make music after leaving Genesis! I can't say this for a fact, but I understand that Steve's solo career has been far more successful than Tony's. But they decided to ignore his solo career completely. Why did they interview Steve about his solo career then? I can understand Steve's anger. I would feel exactly the same.
I understand that Tony was pretty forceful about getting his music included in genesis albums so it's no surprise that he pushed equally hard to get his solo work featured in a Genesis documentary. It doesn't make it any less forgettable.

I agree that Steve's prolific run of solo albums are worthy of a mention but arguably, like Felder, he wouldn't have a solo career with his association with the band. He hasn't the charisma to be a self made solo star.

I haven't given Tony's solo albums much of a listen despite loving his Genesis contributions. I'm much more familiar with Steve's solo stuff although, like Phil, I don't see Please Don't Touch as band quittingly great.