Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Words of Wisdom - Quotes about the Eagles :)

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I'm sitting here reading this about Joe and my stereo is on Sirius Classic Vinyl and Walk Away is playing!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Those are great quotes, Maleah - thanks for posting. I always find it heart-warming when I read positive quotes from successful artists in the music industry about my favourite artists.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Those are cool quotes. Okay, now I have to go to iTunes and try and find 'Wild Ride'.

This is a quote by an Eagle about an Eagle, so I thought I'd stick it here!

I just got a Crawdaddy 1974 magazine (article here) and Don had this to say about Glenn:

"He adds the grease. He's all action and he moves more than any of us trying to get people off. Glenn's got a real positive ego and he's not afraid to do things even though sometimes he does them wrong. He pulls us all through because he's the catalyst."

Glenn said this about Don:
    "Don Henley is like a rock, besides the fact that he's the best singer I've ever worked with."

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Aren't they such nice comments about each other. And I would imagine though some of the old tensions will always be there neither of them would argue with those comments even today, nearly 35 years later!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Yes, those are very complimentary about each other. That's nice! Thanks for posting those, Soda.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Little Big Town is coming to Birmingham next week and there is an interview with them in the entertainment section of our newspaper today. When lead singer Jimi Westbrook was asked who was the "ultimate vocal group," this was his answer:

"It has to be the Eagles. I've seen them so many times, in so many different situations, and there's no difference between hearing them live and hearing them on CD."

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I knew I loved Little Big Town for some other reason than their great music! They are smart, too!

Seriously, I really love their music and think they are such a cool group. You should go, DF. I had a chance last year to see them in a very small venue (500) and didn't take it and I've regretted it ever since. When I first heard them I thought they sounded "Eagleish".

Here's a couple of my fave videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCZel71Ip_s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO672...eature=related
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I do like them, a lot, especially after we saw them in Nashville at the CMAs. I would like to go but they are opening for George Strait in our civic center and I am saving my ticket $$$ for this other group...what was their name? Oh yeah, the Eagles.

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    Little Big Town is coming to Birmingham next week and there is an interview with them in the entertainment section of our newspaper today. When lead singer Jimi Westbrook was asked who was the "ultimate vocal group," this was his answer:

"It has to be the Eagles. I've seen them so many times, in so many different situations, and there's no difference between hearing them live and hearing them on CD."
    In CMT's "20 Questions" with LBT, Jimi also talked about the Eagles.

6. I heard you sing "Heartache Tonight" in concert and was wondering if the Eagles influenced all of you (or any of you) and your style of music. Do you ever perform any of their other songs?

Jimi Westbrook: Yes, the Eagles are definitely an influence. When you think of great harmony bands, you think of the Eagles. They strive for perfection in a live setting. We would love to hold up that standard of performance. We occasionally have performed "Life in the Fast Lane," as well.
    And let me tell you....you can tell when they sing Heartache Tonight that they have listened to the Eagles.....a LOT! lol They do a great job on it and were fantastic live!