Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Words of Wisdom - Quotes about the Eagles :)

A lot of us have heard Stevie's story about how she wrote "Has Anything Ever Written Anything for You" for Joe. Here is the story in her own words:

"[Joe] seemed to be in a lot of pain, though he hid it well. But finally... (we were in Denver), he rented a jeep and drove me up into the snow covered hills of Colorado... for about two hours... He wouldn't tell me where we were going... but he did tell me a story of a little daughter that he had lost. To Joe, she was more than a child... she was three and a half... and she could relate to him.

I guess I had been complaining about a lot of things going on on the road, and he decided to make me aware of how unimportant my problems were, if they were compared to worse sorrows. So he told me that he had taken his little girl to this magic park whenever he could, and the only thing she EVER complained about was that she was too little to reach up to the drinking fountain.

As we drove up to this beautiful park, (it was snowing a little bit), he came around to open my door and helped me down, and when I looked up and saw the park... his baby's park, and I burst into tears saying, 'You built a drinking fountain here for her... didn't you?' I was right, under a huge beautiful hanging tree, was a tiny silver drinking fountain... I left Joe to get to it, and on it, it said, 'dedicated to HER and all others who were too small to get a drink.'

So he wrote a song for her [Emma's Song] and I wrote a song for him... 'This is your song...' I said... to the people... but it was Joe's song. Thank you, Joe, for the most committed song I ever wrote... But more than that, thank you for inspiring me in so many ways. Nothing in my life ever seems as dark anymore since we took that drive."

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

That is a lovely story, Soda, and fills me up. I had tears in my eyes when I read it. Poor Joe. What a sweet memorial to Emma.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

oh geez........that was absolutely heart wrenching! I teared up as well. It shows you so much more of Joe. I know he loved and probably would still love, lol, to party. But reading things like that makes you wonder if there wasn't something like this that's deeper that drove him to his addictions. It's so sad to lose a life.......devasting.........but how much more so to lose such a young life that's just blooming.

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    Another quote from Stevie about Don from US Magazine in 1990, where she talks about the line from the song Sara "When you build your house - call me home."

"(laughs) He did [build the house]. And I was in it before he finished it."
    Aah....Stevie is a woman after my own heart!

What year did Don and Stevie break up? Or what year was the house finished? Afro days or post afro days?

Did anyone read People's Magazine's little section on Melissa Etheridge: "The Soundtrack of my Life?"

It was kind of cool...they asked her what her first concert was and this was her reply:

"I saw the Eagles in Kansas City when I as about 15. My dad drove me and a friend, and he waited while we watchd the concert. It was awesome. "Take It to the Limit" brought the show to a halt."

Oh and another one........if you guys have Country Weekly.....Kenny Chesney had this to say about his new song, "Wild Ride," which features some wicked guitar solos and talk box from Joe Walsh.

"I cut a Dwight Yoakam song called 'Wild Ride' that rocks as hard as anything I've ever done. It just takes you and slams you against this beat until there's not much left...and just when you can't take much more, another verse comes rolling in.

As if that's not enough, Joe Walsh came in and played on it. Not just played all that insane Joe Walsh guitar, either, but also did the voice box thing that transforms his voice. I grew up listening to his 'Life's Been Good' - I used to call it 'The Maserati Song' - now he's all over a song on one of my albums.

Me and my freinds used to use this line he said on the Eagles Live album when Don Henley introduced him as the next president of the United States of America. He said, 'Hey, maaaan, I'm FREAKING out!' We used to say that to each other ALL the time in college. to have him on this record, well, that's how I feel."

I thought it was pretty cool that you can tell kenny's a huge fan and was like a little kid, so excited that Joe was playing a song for him.

oh and obviously I didn't know where to put those........so I just put them here

Thanks for posting those quotes. I love it!

(And to answer that old question you asked months ago - I think Don and Stevie stopped seeing each other romantically around 1977 or 1978 - might have hooked up for sex a few times after though. Of course we know as friends they still get together to this day).

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I forgot about that question! thanks for answering it though