Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Words of Wisdom - Quotes about the Eagles :)

I like that: "He understood.... how to make everyone else look good".

Glenn speaking about Tim is sweet. Doesn't he also refer to him as the "ribbon on the package"?

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan
    I like that: "He understood.... how to make everyone else look good".

Glenn speaking about Tim is sweet. Doesn't he also refer to him as the "ribbon on the package"?
    GEF - I liked that remark, too. I guess that's what a good quarterback does!

And OBTW - I can't resist this shallow comment ... but, Glenn totally understands how to make himself look good, too.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

And I can't help saying that your av is a good example, dreamer!!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Here's a quote from Glenn from 1975 about the other band members:

"I mean we got the songs. We got the best country guitarist in Bernie Leadon, and the best rock'n'roll player in the world in Felder, and the best high-singin' bass player, and the best singin' drummer"

I found one where he also refers to Randy in that way:

"Randy was like a ribbon. When I saw him [with Poco], my tongue just fell right out on the table. I just couldn't believe that anybody could look, sing and play cool all at the same time. It was too much for me." (The Long Run)

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Regarding the 'glue' thing Glenn responds to it in the article 'Glenn Frey's benign dictatorship' in this way:

'I was. I guess so. That's very nice. That's another reason why I couldn't understand all these disturbances from the other players in the band, because I was subordinating myself... Besides being the glue, I was also the guy who said 'you sing this, you play lead on this - not me. I'd love to, but...' The bass players never gave us any trouble though. It was the guitar players'.

Then there is this:

'Well, you see I drafted all those guys. I was the one who chose Don Felder & chose Joe Walsh. I had a lot of singing to do. What I want to say is that it was all of my own choosing. I felt that for the benefit of the Eagles it was most important that we get a couple of blistering guitarists in there. After Bernie Leadon left my role as a singer became much more important. I had to be in tune all the time'.

Here's another quote from Glenn from last summer about the new album (and I didn't note where I first read it):

"We need the record execs to say 'It must be finished by September for a Christmas release.' We have to have a deadline. We put the DEAD in deadline."

And........we are still waiting........

(Although, as a writer myself, I have been known to put the DEAD in deadline too! )

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    I found one where he also refers to Randy in that way:

"Randy was like a ribbon. When I saw him [with Poco], my tongue just fell right out on the table. I just couldn't believe that anybody could look, sing and play cool all at the same time. It was too much for me." (The Long Run)
    Aww, that is so sweet - I had to keep scrolling up to read it again. Just makes me love him even more
    You can spend all your time making money
    You can spend all your love making time
    If it all fell to pieces tomorrow
    Could you still be mine

Another quote from Stevie about Don from US Magazine in 1990, where she talks about the line from the song Sara "When you build your house - call me home."

"(laughs) He did [build the house]. And I was in it before he finished it."

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    Another quote from Stevie about Don from US Magazine in 1990, where she talks about the line from the song Sara "When you build your house - call me home."

"(laughs) He did [build the house]. And I was in it before he finished it."
    I bet she was