Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Words of Wisdom - Quotes about the Eagles :)

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wow GA - that's amazing that your 5 year can distinquished between their voices. You really are an EXCELLENT mother!

DF - I love the quote by J. D. - he hit the nail right on the head when describing "that insanely beautiful voice."

And everyone sigs look awesome - thank you Maleah one more time - you rock.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    I hate to admit it, but I listened to Joe Walsh's Life's Been Good for years before I finally figured out that he was in the Eagles.
    I'm with you there! I've probably said this before, but when I got the Eagles Live tape I thought Joe was making a guest appearance - I really didn't have much of a clue about the band members.

GA, I'm truly impressed by your daughter's musical ear. I played Glenn's version to my teenage son, and said "Notice anything different?", but he didn't get it...

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

When I had Jackson Browne's version of TIE playing my son asked who it was singing as it "didn't sound right". But then he's a teenager so he should have heard the difference. lol Good son that he is, he recognizes Glenn just fine.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Sure none of Glenns songs could 'sound right' if someone else was singing them could they?
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

TIE is far more Jackson Browne's song than it is Glenn's.

To get this thread back on topic, here is a quote from Don himself, from Songwriter magazine 1994:

Henley says he doesn't block out specific times for songwriting. "Glenn is much better at that than I am," he says. "He's much more disciplined. I just sort of wait for it to come to me. He likes to block out a certain amount of time every day and sit down and go, Okay, we're writing." When asked what makes a good collaborator, Henley replied, "Somebody with enthusiasm, somebody who is willing to carefully criticize and examine themselves--that's where most people fall down on the job. Most people don't take criticism very well from others or themselves. Glenn & I are very willing to criticize ourselves."

Thanks for that great quote from Don about Glenn, Dana! I actually have a few quotes from Glenn about the other members. Here are a couple things he's said about Timothy B. Schmit:

"Tim was great, really. He followed the path of least resistance and was a joy to work with, which was great because making The Long Run was such a struggle." (BAM 1982)

"Timothy Schmit [is] a sweetheart." (Rocky Mountain News 1992)

Aw!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

awww so sweet!

Here's a quote from Lita Ford about Joe:

Joe Walsh is a great guy and an unbelievable talent, I'd like to work with him again someday.

I liked how in this quote Don called Glenn "the glue" -

"Glenn never thought of himself as a great lead player, he was sort of intimidated by Joe Walsh and Don Felder, even though he hired them. But Glenn was like the glue, he was like what Keith Richards is to the Rolling Stones- he was a great rhythm player; he understood the importance of Chuck Berry and of great rhythm guitar. He understood how to play in his place and stay in his place and make everybody else look good, not have to step out in the spotlight and take a solo and be a virtuoso."