Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Most visitors

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

Default Re: Most visitors

I have G Mail that I only use to get Google alerts. I am surprised how many time Eagles Online and The Border show up as sites that have posted something that Google thinks I would be interested in reading. Some of the people that show up here may see something on a Google alert that they want to find out more about. I think that is how I found Eagles Online and that lead me here. That was a great day and I'm so glad that I found The Border.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Now I thought this was a very interesting topic and I learned something. I had never heard of spiders or bots! Now I know.

I also was a lurker but instantly felt at home once I joined. So glad I have and now it's almost an everyday activity for me to check in a few times a day.

I know what you mean FP. My Sweet board is somewhat like that. They are all pretty friendly but they are so knowledgeable and I've learned a lot from them but I'm a bit intimidated at times.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Intimidation has never stopped me, thank God. You guys amaze me. I mean I've been an Eagles and Walsh follower since it all started, but I'm not one to pay much attention to lyrics. The things I've learned about the songs and their backgrounds from you all is beyond belief <LOL>

I tend to more "enjoy" music than analyze it though I have absolutely no animosity towards anyone who does get into meanings...someone has to do it and I'm glad I am the beneficiary of your efforts. If you didn't do it, I probably never have a clue! <LOL>

MikeA

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Yeah, I think it's interesting, too. I know I'm always trying to figure out who has their identity turned off! Not that it really matters! And I didn't know what the spiders or bots were either.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I only post regularly on one other forum, and I've been there for years. It's nothing to do with the Eagles - it's more just a general chat/discussion forum - but throughout the years, the community has moved boards, been renamed, and groups have broken off into their own little cliques. I still enjoy it, but mainly for the few good friends I have made... It's so different to The Border in so many ways. You wouldn't BELIEVE the drama that has gone on there! I'll admit, I often find it quite entertaining, but I never really get involved. I find it hard to get seriously worked up over something someone said on the internet.

This is another reason I appreciate The Border SO much. You're genuinely all such lovely people. I can't imagine it getting to the backstabbing/cliquey stage that my other board has.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

The way I see it Lou is that here on the Border, there are just two cliques.

#1. The ones who post
    #2. The ones who don't

Now, there may be cliques here...but if so, they haven't invited me to join them. I probably would because I am extremely paranoid. I wonder who belongs to those cliques? And why haven't I been invited? I wonder what they are saying about me? But that's okay I guess. I'll just continue to look over my shoulder as I type and wonder how many eyeballs are turning. But I'd really like to be in a clique. It sounds like a lot of fun!

Hey Austin....you wanna start a clique? We could sneak over to my private forum and plot and plan how we are going to do something. "What" you ask? I really don't know because that is the good thing about a clique....if you aren't diabolical enough, maybe someone else is. When we decide who is contra-clique, we can plot against them. We can rewire pickkups and turn truss rods and do other antisocial things and really make them feel bad. I'll rename my forum "South of the Border".

On second thought, Let's just start a clique that is for anyone who wants to be in a clique. We can decide that which will be our focus once we get all the posters here to join. But WAIT.....isn't that what we have here? A clique of people who kinda get off on the Eagles!

Whew....THAT's a load off my mind!

Oh, and by the way, I just took my meds.

MikeA

Stuck on the Border tequila girl's Avatar

Mike, I guess you're right, we are a clique here.....but clique's within cliques aren't good! lol
    ~Carole~

There is no more new frontier - we have got to make it here

Mike - thanks for the chuckle! Were you ON my other board? You have just summed up perfectly the ridiculous nature of forum drama. That is pretty much exactly how it all went down. I always felt oblivious because I had no clue why certain people were p*ssed off or what so-and-so had done wrong. These cliques seemed to form out of nowhere.

Your spin-off board, "South Of The Border", cracked me up. Totally what some disgruntled former members of a board would do.

Well, it's inevitable that you will have board drama to some degree. No matter how easy-going a group of people is, there are always going to be things one can get pissed off about. When more than one person gets pissed off about the same thing, they tend to commiserate, and so you have the makings of a clique. The Border is not immune.

I think what differentiates The Border from a lot of other boards is that most folks here just genuinely like one another. That allows us to shrug off minor differences instead of making them into huge deals. In that regard, we are very lucky.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Well, exactly - I think The Border has a strong core. (This was never the case on my other forum.) I didn't mean to make it sound like The Border was 'immune' from drama... but I would be very, very surprised if it ever turned into the mess that this other board has! I think, as you said, there's just a strong core of people here that genuinely care for each other.