Page 12 of 68 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: The Border Book Club

Default Re: The Border Book Club

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Austin needs to quit talking about books because every time he does, it cost me money!!
    It works both ways I'm afraid. Had no clue about the Wylde or Nugent books and just put them on my list!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I had to buy both the Nug books I didn't have. Already have the cookbook and had it signed at a book signing at Barnes & Noble when it first came out.

You didn't add Red to your list?
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Nope it's on my list too!!

I've got Steven Tyler's new book, Red, Eddie Trunk's new book, Zakk Wylde's new book, and probably will put both Nugent books on my list too. Oh, almost forgot I have to add Nikki Sixx's and Vince Neil's book because I don't have those. I have "The Dirt" and Tommy Lee's book though. Now Mick Mars just needs to write a book!

I usually have more patience and wait a while till the price comes way down in the used section....only exception is anything Burritos, Byrds, Eagles, Poco. And I'll go for the Byrds first.
    I feel almost ashamed - I've never listened to the Burritos OR Poco. The Byrds I like though. I really liked Clarence White's guitar playing with his B-Bender Tele.

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I feel almost ashamed - I've never listened to the Burritos OR Poco.
    What?! You have to listen to Poco, they're awesome! They're definitely in my top five favorite bands.

I just finished To The Limit (untold story of the Eagles), finally lol. It was a really entertaining book, I enjoyed it. I also recently finished reading Farewell To Arms. Now that one wasn't so enjoyable . I just thought it was very repetitive.

Willie, I saw that you read Life. Was it any good?

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesFanatic View Post

Willie, I saw that you read Life. Was it any good?
    I thought it was but we are huge Stones fans (my hubby's fave band). Lots of good stuff about the making of their albums, his family, the drugs, the people that have been involved over the years and of course Mick's ego!! And what's really amazing is the fact that he remembers ANY of it!! It is a very long book so be prepared. I do think it's a must for any rock n roll lover tho! I mean, it's freakin' KEITH RICHARDS afterall!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    I thought it was but we are huge Stones fans (my hubby's fave band). Lots of good stuff about the making of their albums, his family, the drugs, the people that have been involved over the years and of course Mick's ego!! And what's really amazing is the fact that he remembers ANY of it!! It is a very long book so be prepared. I do think it's a must for any rock n roll lover tho! I mean, it's freakin' KEITH RICHARDS afterall!!!
    I agree with this! Great book!

Willie - I just was looking through books again and I see Brian Johnson of AC/DC has a new book coming out too so I had to put it on my list... Just thought I'd tell you about it - I'm sure that's just what you wanted to hear, huh?!

You really have to learn to keep those things to yourself!! No, didn't know about that one either!

Still don't see a pre sale or date on Amazon for Duff's book. Where did you see he was writing it and did it give a time frame?

Loving Steve Adler's book (when I get a chance to read it--real life really keeps getting in the way of the stuff I love to do). Love where he was talking about as young teens, he and Slash walked out of Tower Records as Benjamin Orr went by in his Rolls Royce, looking all rock star with a beautiful woman with him. I thought it was pretty neat that he remembered that and told himself then that he wanted to do that also.

Thanks for the recommend of Eddie Trunk's book. Received it and the 2 Nugent books yesterday and flipped through Trunk's book. What a fun book. Really want to check out the Eddie's Playlist he has for each band. What a wealth of info he is about all things heavy metal!

Duff's book is scheduled to be released in the Fall of this year according to Wikipedia.

Here is a link talking about it!

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf...ll-all_1136897