Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 40TH ANNIVERSARY TOUR?

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: 40TH ANNIVERSARY TOUR?

EK, 'fairly' solid, yes. I love our boys to death, but until tickets are actually on sale, I consider it all changeable. Azoff has a history of using sneaky tactics to get our guys to do what he wants, and our guys have a history of not falling in with it. Perhaps 'sneaky' isn't the right word. Positive thinking? If he says it will happen everyone will fall in with it and do it?
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

This reminds me of when everyone was so sure LROOE would come out in February and we didn't see it until months later.

Things happen when they happen. I for one think it would be rather silly to start a 40th Anniversary Tour in 2013, but I'm not the one making the decisions. I also don't believe what an ad on Ticketmaster says will send Glenn and Don scrambling.

However, I do take the ad as a good sign. It's evident that at one point the Eagles planned to do some dates in the fall. I hope that is still true.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    EK, 'fairly' solid, yes. I love our boys to death, but until tickets are actually on sale, I consider it all changeable. Azoff has a history of using sneaky tactics to get our guys to do what he wants, and our guys have a history of not falling in with it. Perhaps 'sneaky' isn't the right word. Positive thinking? If he says it will happen everyone will fall in with it and do it?
    I was laughing out loud when I read this - I had no idea, but I can just picture it.
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesKiwi View Post
    There is an advert on Ticketmaster for a tour in the fall, "coming to a city near you."

Okay, it's not going to be coming to a city near me (on the other side of the world), but it does sound promising for a decent US tour.

I still think they will hit Europe/Rest of the World again after they have done the US and had a bit of a break.
    I missed that part. I will just have to check in more often. Anyone know if Ticketmaster has some sort of notification for upcoming events?

I've added the Eagles to my favorites on TM and I thought that meant I would get updates, but somehow, it doesn't seem to happen. Perhaps you'll have better luck.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I hope it's true. They haven't been to Asia since 2004. If they are going to do a 40th Anniversary tour perhaps they MIGHT get back here one last time.
    Hi Freypower. Happy New Year. I believe they toured Asia in 2011. Looking forward to their visit in 2013 in any case. Hope it pushes thru despite TBS's health condition. Thanks.

Just to respectfully clarify as I'm responding based on the earlier posts which comprise this thread, the 40th anniversary tour being referred to in this thread is the one that got moved to 2013, right? Technically, 2012 is their 40th year but probably because of their DVD premiere in Sundance, the solo projects of Frey and Walsh, it got moved to 2013. Is my understanding correct? Thanks.
    Last edited by gibsonmartin; 01-01-2013 at 05:10 AM.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Actually, to be clear, they aren't calling it a 40th Anniversary Tour, and on Sunday night, Don referred to 2012 as being the 41st year the band was together, then mentioned 2013 as being #42. Recently, Glenn has referred to an upcoming tour as a retrospective, more or less to go along with the DVD. We know part 1 is being premiered in a few weeks, but we don't know what will happen after that. Movie theaters? In my totally inexpert opinion, a tour would coincide, more or less, with the release of the DVD to stores. If they even do an official retrospective tour. They have not committed to that, only said it was on the table, and they were non-committal about it before Timothy's health issue came up in October.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Va thanks for the clarification.
    I dont think they know what they wanna do...

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Actually, to be clear, they aren't calling it a 40th Anniversary Tour, and on Sunday night, Don referred to 2012 as being the 41st year the band was together, then mentioned 2013 as being #42. Recently, Glenn has referred to an upcoming tour as a retrospective, more or less to go along with the DVD. We know part 1 is being premiered in a few weeks, but we don't know what will happen after that. Movie theaters? In my totally inexpert opinion, a tour would coincide, more or less, with the release of the DVD to stores. If they even do an official retrospective tour. They have not committed to that, only said it was on the table, and they were non-committal about it before Timothy's health issue came up in October.
    In an interview earlier this month (the Mike Hosking interview on Newstalk ZB radio), Glenn mentioned that the DVD would go to Cable for a month before being released in stores... and in another interview (with The Coast radio station) he was talking about them developing the next tour (having been asked if they would come back Down Under). Here's what Glenn had to say:

"We built a whole show around the LROOE album... we have to go back to the drawing board now & create another sort of multi-media concert experience. We're toying with what the History of the Eagles really means, and if we could possibly play a show that was roughly in chronological order, tell the history of the band as it evolved.

I'm not sure if it's anything that will be ready - hopefully next year - but we can't even start working on it until we wrap up the DVD."

Here's the link to that interview - this part is towards the end: http://www.thecoast.net.nz/player/on...ey-talks-to-bk
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

i would so love it if they would show it in a theater first for two weeks then release it to dvd for purchase..
    when melbourne was done if I remember correctly,it was shown on nbc first over two nights with heavy advertising that you could purchase the dvd the following week in stores or on line..Hey I'm good with that again but it could also be nice to see it on the imax first maybe.
    just spit balling here...just wish they would make a dvd i could purchase soon please.