Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
They are a very talented group of musicians. They weren't trying to imitate the band (though one of the guitarists had on an old school University of Colorado t-shirt just like Glenn's, and one of the roadies was seen striding down the aisle in a tinfoil helmet like Joe's) but stayed mostly faithful to the arrangements.

The only time I felt the wheels starting to come off the bus was "New Kid in Town" - as an encore - with an ill-advised varied tempo ending. But they redeemed themselves with a gospel-tinged "Take It to the Limit" (similar to the version on Randy's 1978 solo album) and a rousing TIE.

Probably the biggest response from the audience was for the title track of "On the Border," done as a blazing rocker. It deepened the mystery for me as to why the real Eagles don't play this song live. Joe Walsh, with his hard funk style, could tear this one up. Maybe it's too demanding on Don H. as a singer to also be playing heavy drums.

The band I saw yesterday had a female drummer and she was great. She could also sing the high notes on TITTL, helping out her male bandmates.
NMB, glad you enjoyed the show. Thanks for the thoughtful review.