Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Mentions in TV Shows

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in TV Shows

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    Fred wore a leather jacket in the ''doc' just like Felder and did you notice the bear thing lol.

Bill is so blatantly Glenn.
    That stood out to me so much too and the way Fred was sitting. But also I think Bernie was interviewed in a restaurant so it reminded me of his segments too.

Bill is totally Glenn, but has Randy/Timothy's high voice. It really was spooky seeing Bill as the older Clark as he looked so much like older Glenn. I also saw in this interview where Fred & Bill were talking about how they came up with the Blue Jean Committee and this episode and Bill said even though he not an Eagles fan like Fred is he admired how Glenn was able to go out and do what he wanted to do based off Glenn's story in "HOTE" and going to that Beatles concert. But he did say too he based Clark off of Don too and the part about how it's lonely & windy on the top and seeing Clark's house.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Bill's character is super aggressive though (he even beats up Irving Azoff) and that was the only part of the mockumentary that could potentially rub some fans the wrong way - that the Glenn-ish one is kind of a thug.

"And then another musician would join the band, and these two would immediately have a problem with him."

We all know who that is.

Well, it's just these two actors and their impressions of what the Eagles were like as people. And they don't really know all that much about the guys, only what they learned from watching HOTE.

Hader: These very soft rock songs written by real alpha males: "IF YOU DON'T HIT THE HIGH NOTE ON 'TAKE IT TO THE LIMIT,' YOUR HEAD IS GOING THROUGH THE FUCKING WALL!!!" It's so weird to me. It's less about writing songs than it is about running a business. Meanwhile, these two guys just had this ability to write all these hits about "easy feelings."

P.S. Thank you, Buffy for the link to the Esquire interview; that's where I swiped the quote above.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

I saw the Blue Jean Committee show last year, they just put so much effort into it! Bill Hader is my favorite. I have always cracked up at his Lindsey Buckingham on SNL - it's just so random - why doesn't he ever get to speak? My husband and I would be thrilled when "What's Up With That" came on and we saw him sitting there. I guess its a subtle humor. Why Lindsey Buckingham? Who knows?

By far my favorite Hader character is Stefon from Weekend Update.

I agree, Mary - love the random silliness of the silent Lindsey character. It's the same kind of humor in SNL's "Barry Gibb Talk Show," where Barry (sweet and unfailingly polite in real life) is a thin-skinned political host with an explosive temper. Wha?!

You're welcome NMB!!! I loved getting more of the background info on how they created this.

I totally agree Mary. I love Bill from "SNL" and have followed him since. Stefon was the best and I would be laughing so hard I could hardly breathe during those sketches. LOL His Lindsey was great and I still don't get why but it was great. LOL Seen him too in a couple films like "Trainwrek" and he recurs as Mindy Kaling's ex-fiancé on "The Mindy Project". I've watched the other "Documentary Now" sketches and they're great too. Plus, he's got a lookalike teen actor on the new Netflix show "Stranger Things" that he swears isn't his kid. LOL
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

The 2 episodes of Documentary Now! on the Blue Jean Committee will air on IFC on Sunday, August 14 at 7:15 and 7:45 am on the west coast. I have Dish, so I don't know how the times work in your respective areas. They're also showing the 1st 5 episodes before the Blue Jean Committee episodes.
    Last edited by RudieCantFail; 08-06-2016 at 08:52 PM.

I think "Roadies" had another shoutout to Glenn last night as during a scene the characters Bill, Phil, and Reg went to a fan's house as he had stolen some things from the tour and ended up finding this fan had so much memorabilia that it was like a museum. At one point Bill (Luke Wilson) finds a picture of himself from what they used to call the "Suit & Tie" tour and Bill said he wore a suit and tie everyday for 9 months. In the picture he was wearing a white suit and had shades with him and it reminded me of Glenn's 80s tour and how he was wearing a suit and tie for it too.

I don't know if that was intentional but knowing Cameron Crowe it probably was.
    ~*Amanda*~

Cameron Crowe did a great tribute episode to Lynyrd Skynyrd last night on his show "Roadies" but turns out he based some of the flashback scenes off the Eagles too. First he used the story about Irving and the drugs at the airport but changed it to the Phil character and Skynyrd. Then he also wrote the friendship between Phil and Ronnie very similar to Russell and William's in "Almost Famous", which we know was based of Glenn and Cameron's. Then when Phil talked about Ronnie's death and losing his friend/mentor I couldn't help but think Cameron was talking about losing Glenn through the writing too and I started crying. I wrote more about the episode in the Skynyrd thread but it was so well done.
    ~*Amanda*~