Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Mentions in TV Shows

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in TV Shows

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    my sister just told me they mentioned Poco and were singing Keep on Tryin' in an episode of Bones...and of course she thought of me and had to call and tell me...
    Yup---that one was a couple seasons ago. Bones' Dad used to sing the song to her when she was a kid. They sang it a couple times during the show. My husband just rolled his eyes, like he always does, when I sang along.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I'm watching the RiffTrax version of Night of the Living Dead - like Mystery Science Theater 3000, the RiffTrax guys make fun of the movie they're watching. In fact, it's done by the same people.

When the hoard of zombies (made up mostly of "reanimated" middle-aged white people) slowly moves through the house, arms outstretched, dead-eyed, and looking for still-living people to eat, a RiffTrax guy jokes that "It's the audience for an Eagles reunion tour." It's nothing personal, though, as in another segment they're referred to as "Jimmy Buffet fans." I think it's because they all move like they're stoned, lol.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

OMG! That's too funny.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Glad I searched to find the right thread for this as the Eagles song "Desperado" got mentioned last night on "Girl Meets World". The show is a spinoff of the 90s show I watched "Boy Meets World" and now about those characters' kids as teenagers. Last night one of the main male characters Lucas was talking about his favorite song and said it was the Eagles' "Desperado". This fits for multiple reasons since Lucas is originally from Texas and actually is a rodeo cowboy, but it also fits as he's in a love triangle with the show's two main female characters Riley and Maya. So now all the fans of both couples are trying to figure out which girl is "the queen of diamonds" and which one is "the queen of hearts". LOL I love when writers do that.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

I love that!

Years ago, this series of clips was brought up, but I think it's worth reviving: the episode of Seinfeld which revolves around "The Desperado Guy" who makes everyone shut up when the song comes on, even his girlfriend Elaine. She tries to replace it with "Witchy Woman" to no avail:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZrCLF-sZag[/ame]

I didn't know we had this thread.

I was watching Married With Children and in an episode called Guys and Dolls, they played the instrumental version of You Belong To The City. It comes on the last 10 minutes of the episode. They kinda do what Glenn is during in his video. Walking the streets of the city. I always try to watch that episode when it comes on tv. I think I saw it sometime this week.

Everytime this Guys and Doll come on, the CC always says Eagles IN The City.

This is the only video I found from that episode. The video is in french at the beginning and they don't show the second time when they return to the streets to find the doll. They probably deleted the other videos

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQouoBwoiA4[/ame]

When comedian John Oliver who is extremely funny but a lot of the time is extremely obnoxious about a certain canidate(does no focuses on the other because he is a protege of John Stewart) Anyway he was talking about Obamas plan to close gitmo he said "Now we turn to Guantanamo Bay The Hotel California of the American Prison system and much like that album is a stain on Americas legacy.)

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I wasn't expecting them to use "Desperado" on "Girl Meets World" but I loved it and nice seeing the younger fans on Tumblr now listening to it and liking the song. Nice of the writers to help the teens find good music. LOL

My family are huge "Seinfeld" fans and that is one of my favorite episodes!!! We're always quoting it and finding something still daily relating to the show. It's part of why my family always jokes that I get like that guy whenever I hear "Take it to the Limit". LOL

I had no idea about "Married with Children" using Glenn's song!!! That is awesome.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I have seen the 'Married With Children' video in English before, but never seen it French. Al Bundy speaking French sounds very weird to me. lol

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Thanks for finding that video, shun. French dubbing aside, it's cool to see how they used the song.