Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Member's Sound Bytes and Vids

Default Re: Member's Sound Bytes and Vids

Quote Originally Posted by tequila girl View Post
    Ha!! Some surprise....we all knew you wouldn't be able to keep your hands off it!
    You were all right... LOL! I tried.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Appreciate it Austin. Man, How do you choose between the Carvin and the PRS. They are both CHOICE! Both are eye-candy too!

MikeA

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    Appreciate it Austin. Man, How do you choose between the Carvin and the PRS. They are both CHOICE! Both are eye-candy too!
    Both are very nice. As it stands now I like the PRS pickups better. The Carvin S22s are muddy to my ears. So I think I'll swap them for Carvin's C22s.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

I have heard the C22's were pretty darn "CHOICE". Have you any way of auditioning them before you invest? Carvin is hard to get a "listen to" because they really don't have any retail outlets. I think everything is sold direct from the factory in California.

Give this another listen. I re-recorded it using the UX2.

I am a little disappointed in the UX2. However it really IS NOT the fault of the UX2 I guess. For some reason, it is not sending my microphone signal to my DAW. I can hear it through my monitor speakers and it is a processed signal. All I can think of is that the USB port is not being picked up. The Guitar port is fine as you will hear in the above clip. I guess that for now, I'm going to have to go back through the mixing board to get a signal into the DAW with a microphone.

That sort of bums me out. Maybe I'll find some better drivers, or maybe try that Ableton Lite that came with the unit (a crippleware piece of crap!)

MikeA

-Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Mike,

I'm on my iPad at my relatives and never travel with a laptop but I can't get the Quote thing to work right with long orginal messages, it won't let me scroll down to type below it.

I actually have a C22 in the bridge of my black Strat and I love it so I'm not worried.

Sorry to hear your disappointment with the UX2. Hope you get it figured out!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

I am NO worse off with the UX2 than with the DI I had before. Basically, the same thing...same interface in Gearbox. I just have fewer amp models and effects now. But I do have the somewhat functional footswitch option. Since I already OWN the big $100 bundle of effects and amps, I'm seriously considering Hacking them for the other Line6 product!

Funny, I never used them with the DI. I generally just mic'd my amp. Maybe I'm looking at it as a challenge. I'm like that. I learned to count cards playing blackjack for the challenge....not for the money! When you get to be my age, you have to set mental challenges to keep your mind sharp. Mine is dull enough and hair is gone from trying to sharpen it.

MikeA

I'm going to turn Producer.

Here's Miles doing "I'll Stop The World" or something like that. He knows the song though I've never heard it before!

MikeA

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    I'm going to turn Producer.

Here's Miles doing "I'll Stop The World" or something like that. He knows the song though I've never heard it before!

That's great Mike! You make a great Producer!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Still working on this one.

Telecaster both pups with tone knob about half, volum maxed.

AC30 Top Boost
    Chorus
    Reverb

I'm just calling it "Moods" for now. Basically, I'm working on the scales up and down the neck to get the lead mostly in F, but a couple of parts are in C and D

Most of the chords are "F" form....you know, "F" formed on the 10th fret is a "C".

MikeA