Thread: Eagles Voices

Out on the Border

Default Eagles Voices

Hi everybody, does someone know a book/website etc. where one finds the notation of the Eagles voices (choirs, all these "uh's" and "ah's" etc.)?
    Thanks Ashley
    Last edited by ashbury; 11-01-2010 at 02:33 PM.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Eagles Voices

Hi Ashley and welcome to The Border. Hope you like it here. I'm not clear on exactly what you mean by "the notation of the Eagles voices", so I really can't respond to your question. However, for the record I love all of their voices.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Hi Ash - welcome! Do you mean sheet music?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Out on the Border

Hi together, yes I mean sheet music. Sheet music especially for the notation of the eagles voices (so not necessarily guitar chords etc.). DO you know something like that? Thanks! Ashley

Out on the Border

anyone an idea?

Out on the Border An Alter Eagle's Avatar

We bought several copies of the "Very Best of the Eagles" Guitar tablature book when we started the Alter Eagles.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Very-Best-Eagles-Tablature-Guitar-Tab/dp/0757920217[/ame]

This book is a bit of overkill, as it has page after page of guitar tablature, but it also contains all of the vocal parts broken out in the treble clef up top.

I can tell you that we've found several mistakes in the book, both in guitar tablature as well as the vocal parts, but I would say it is about 95% accurate and helped us immensely in our startup efforts. To be fair, we are serious perfectionists, so we always go back to the original cds to check everything we play and sing.

Good Luck!
    Greg
    Guitar/Vocals
    (Second from the right!)
    http://www.altereaglesband.com

Out on the Border

Hey Alter Eagle, Thanks so much for this hint. So it contains all the vocals (choirs etc.) or just the main vocal line? Ashley

Quote Originally Posted by An Alter Eagle View Post
    We bought several copies of the "Very Best of the Eagles" Guitar tablature book when we started the Alter Eagles.

http://www.amazon.com/Very-Best-Eagl.../dp/0757920217

This book is a bit of overkill, as it has page after page of guitar tablature, but it also contains all of the vocal parts broken out in the treble clef up top.

I can tell you that we've found several mistakes in the book, both in guitar tablature as well as the vocal parts, but I would say it is about 95% accurate and helped us immensely in our startup efforts. To be fair, we are serious perfectionists, so we always go back to the original cds to check everything we play and sing.

Good Luck!

Out on the Border

anyone?

I don't own this songbook, so it's hard to say. However, I imagine that even if more than one vocal line is not explicitly provided, you can use the chording provided to guide how you structure your vocal harmonies.

Do you understand what I'm talking about? I'm not sure how familiar you are with reading sheet music.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten