Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Don and Stevie

Default Re: Don and Stevie

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Are you not aware that her relationship with Joe was deeper & lasted much longer than her affair with Don? That is what I have always believed. I am happy for Soda to correct me if she thinks the two relationships were equally significant & long lasting. I do know that she has on occasion described either Joe or Lindsey Buckingham as the love of her life; not Don, but again, perhaps I am wrong on this.
    I am OUT of this conversation, and the funny thing is I really don't care that much about her...sorry.

I feel sorry for her because who has she really had in her life? She's never been married and at this point in time does she have a guy. I think from what I've heard her say she lost Don and that was a big hit for her...I Pity her"

I don't pity her becuz she's had him, his true love, his unborn baby and still has his love and friendship to this day,,,Stevie so talented and strong for the difficult decisions she made and lives with. OH Stevie has been married briefly,,Go STEVIE
    "I'm gonna love you, like nobody's loved you, Come Rain or Come Shine"

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    Are you not aware that her relationship with Joe was deeper & lasted much longer than her affair with Don? That is what I have always believed. I am happy for Soda to correct me if she thinks the two relationships were equally significant & long lasting. I do know that she has on occasion described either Joe or Lindsey Buckingham as the love of her life; not Don, but again, perhaps I am wrong on this.
    Yeah, Stevie considers Joe a "great love" even though Don treats her better! She just felt more intensely about him. I think it might have been because when she was dating Don, she was still getting over Lindsey Buckingham, her other "Great Love." It's so wonderful that they still have a precious friendship to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by septemberwn
    I don't pity her becuz she's had him, his true love, his unborn baby and still has his love and friendship to this day,,,Stevie so talented and strong for the difficult decisions she made and lives with. OH Stevie has been married briefly,,Go STEVIE
    GO STEVIE! And funny how that shambles of a marriage might give her a few points in the eyes of some (not necessarily DJ, but some) because hey, at least she was married! lol!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado Brooklyn Roads's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    You pity Stevie Nicks because she isn't married or dating anyone seriously?

Yeah, because no matter what a woman's accomplished in her life, she's nothing unless she's married or at the very least in a relationship, right?

Sigh.

You know who I pity? Women who believe that they need to have a man in their life to validate their existence.
    I agree!! The mindset that a woman is not complete without a man or because she is not married just goes back to the days of women being called spinsters, yet men have always been called something far more sexy - bachelors.

I get a lot of slack for not being married to the man I've been with for 10 years. I say, leave me be and stop the societal pressure. I have bigger things to worry about

THE TWOSOME...

Quote Originally Posted by DJ
    I really don't care that much about her...sorry.
    Thanks for posting that nice photo anyway - her fans appreciate it! She and Don are very cute together.

I was watching her Behind the Music on YouTube and I remember seeing this picture when they briefly talked about Don. Leather and Lace was playing in the background as they showed pictures her and Don I guess recording L&L for her first solo album.

I wonder why VH1 didn't do a Behind the Music on the guys.

I wonder myself would they had gotten together later before he got married. They did look like a cute couple. It's cool they are still friends.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

My guess is that Don and Stevie are able to remain such great friends because they probably never were really 'in love' with one another - in other words, they didn't break each other's heart so there's not a lot of emotional baggage left over from their relationship.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I think I said somewhere earlier in this big old thread that Don was her first boyfriend after she broke up with Lindsey Buckingham. You know how those rebound things go... not to mention Don wasn't looking to settle down and Stevie needed a respite from intense relationships after leaving Lindsey.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

aah you would have to cooperate with the people doing the documentary and some how I don't see dh or gf doing that ...