Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Don and Stevie

Default Re: Don and Stevie

You pity Stevie Nicks because she isn't married or dating anyone seriously?

Yeah, because no matter what a woman's accomplished in her life, she's nothing unless she's married or at the very least in a relationship, right?

Sigh.

You know who I pity? Women who believe that they need to have a man in their life to validate their existence.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Amen sista!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Hmm, I think I ENVY the relationship that Stevie has with Don now. I mean, it's a warm, caring and understanding friendship, right? Who'd throw those away?

Gosh, yes, they are so sweet together now. Did you listen to that audio clip I posted a while back where Don is introducing her at a benefit and he gushes over her?

I'll just bring it forward:

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

From Wikipedia:

Nicks has said that she consciously chose not to have children of her own, due to her demanding career and desire to follow her art wherever it should take her: "My mission maybe wasn't to be a mom and a wife; maybe my particular mission was to write songs to make moms and wives feel better."[96] She finds maternal fulfillment through her niece, godchildren, and extended family: "I have lots of kids. It's much more fun to be the crazy auntie than it is to be the mom, anyway."[97]

I will admit I have always felt sorry for Condoleezza Rice, solely because of the fact that she literally has no family - she was an only child and both parents have passed. She used to spend holidays with the Bushes. I think this reflex on my part is just an acknowledgement that no matter how accomplished or successful or famous a person is, family is important. Not taking anything away from what she's done in her life. It has always seemed to me that Stevie has a strong familial support system.

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by DJ View Post
    I feel sorry for her because who has she really had in her life? She's never been married and at this point in time does she have a guy. I think from what I've heard her say she lost Don and that was a big hit for her...I Pity her..
    You know DJ I was joking! I don't know the woman so I don't literally hate her. Am I jealous she had a relationship with Don - definitely!!

By the way I'm single and don't feel the need to validate that to anyone. I'm close enough to a bad marriage in my family to be able to say '...thank you very much but no thanks...'

I'd never be able to persue what I'm doing if I had a family so I'm grateful for that.
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Would you believe that I didn't know Don and Stevie were a couple until a few years ago? When I was a kid, I had Stevie's greatest hits and I remember I use to skip Leather and Lace all the time. LOL I remember Don singing on that song, but I didn't know who he was The song has really grown on me over the years.

I didn't know Sara was about Don and their baby. I just learn that last year. I always loved Sara, but I didn't know the story behind the song. I think their child would had been a beautiful talented child. Have the good looks of her parents.

I would read that they had an affair, but wouldn't it be an affair if they both were dating other people. I never got that I read that about other artists.

Ok enough of all the "hating" the reason I said pity her is because to me and me alone she seems sad. Not because she doesn't have a man, a woman doesn't need a man, but because I think, and again my opinion, she had Don and doesn't have him now. And maybe she isn't sad because she Did have Don at one time. She's probably had a lot of other great relationships, it just seems to me that Don was her "one"! She also lost their baby which is also sad. I did listen to the audio and I think that is why She and Don are still close, because they knew what they had and because of circumstances they don't have "just" each other. Doesn't mean they couldn't go on to have meaningful relationships again, which is obvious with Don, I don't know about Stevie. Perhaps pity wasn't the correct word maybe I should have said I Empathize with her.
    Don't get me wrong I don't think you need anyone to be happy with yourself and if she' happy than more power to her. So again, I didn't mean she needed a man to make her happy, if someone close to me heard that they would faint!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by DJ View Post
    Ok enough of all the "hating" the reason I said pity her is because to me and me alone she seems sad. Not because she doesn't have a man, a woman doesn't need a man, but because I think, and again my opinion, she had Don and doesn't have him now. And maybe she isn't sad because she Did have Don at one time. She's probably had a lot of other great relationships, it just seems to me that Don was her "one"! She also lost their baby which is also sad. I did listen to the audio and I think that is why She and Don are still close, because they knew what they had and because of circumstances they don't have "just" each other. Doesn't mean they couldn't go on to have meaningful relationships again, which is obvious with Don, I don't know about Stevie. Perhaps pity wasn't the correct word maybe I should have said I Empathize with her.
    Don't get me wrong I don't think you need anyone to be happy with yourself and if she' happy than more power to her. So again, I didn't mean she needed a man to make her happy, if someone close to me heard that they would faint!
    Are you not aware that her relationship with Joe was deeper & lasted much longer than her affair with Don? That is what I have always believed. I am happy for Soda to correct me if she thinks the two relationships were equally significant & long lasting. I do know that she has on occasion described either Joe or Lindsey Buckingham as the love of her life; not Don, but again, perhaps I am wrong on this.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Would you believe that I didn't know Don and Stevie were a couple until a few years ago? When I was a kid, I had Stevie's greatest hits and I remember I use to skip Leather and Lace all the time. LOL I remember Don singing on that song, but I didn't know who he was The song has really grown on me over the years.

I didn't know Sara was about Don and their baby. I just learn that last year. I always loved Sara, but I didn't know the story behind the song. I think their child would had been a beautiful talented child. Have the good looks of her parents.

I would read that they had an affair, but wouldn't it be an affair if they both were dating other people. I never got that I read that about other artists.
    I see what you mean about the word affair normally being used if both people are married & one partner is cheating (as in the Lyin' Eyes scenario) but we use it for this relationship just as we do for Glenn's relationship with Joni Mitchell; the point being that neither relationship was long lasting. You would not call Stevie's relationship with Joe an 'affair' (although see my edit to the previous post).