Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Don and Stevie

Default Re: Don and Stevie

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Now wouldn't that just top off a 40th anniversary tour!!!!!
    Hearing "Edge Of Seventeen" and "Hotel California" in the same day?! How would I ever be able to contain myself. That's an amazing thought.

While I would prefer an Eagles/Fleetwood Mac show, having Stevie open for the Eagles would be second best to that scenario. Oh my gosh, I would be in ecstasies!!!! Especially if Don came out during her set and they did "Leather in Lace" the way it SHOULD be done. Hearing her do it with Rod Stewart made me throw up in my mouth a little. As for the vocal coach she has singing it with her now... "pale shadow" indeed. Even a singer who I really like, Adam Levine, couldn't' come close (their performance of it is here). No one can sing that song like Don Henley! Maybe she could join the Eagles for something too and sing with Glenn.... holy crap! My heart races just imagining it!

But experiencing the awesomeness that is Stevie as well as the awesomeness that is the Eagles in one night - especially if they did a couple songs together - just might rock my world so hard I'd have to be carried out on a stretcher.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stevie & the Eagles would be absolutely fantastic.

If Stevie was going to sing with Glenn, though, I'd want them to choose the song carefully. Some of Glenn's leads are so iconic that it wouldn't sound quite right having ANYBODY else do it with him (Take It Easy for example). But others could work really well...
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    While I would prefer an Eagles/Fleetwood Mac show, having Stevie open for the Eagles would be second best to that scenario. Oh my gosh, I would be in ecstasies!!!! Especially if Don came out during her set and they did "Leather in Lace" the way it SHOULD be done. Hearing her do it with Rod Stewart made me throw up in my mouth a little. As for the vocal coach she has singing it with her now... "pale shadow" indeed. Even a singer who I really like, Adam Levine, couldn't' come close (their performance of it is here). No one can sing that song like Don Henley! Maybe she could join the Eagles for something too and sing with Glenn.... holy crap! My heart races just imagining it!

But experiencing the awesomeness that is Stevie as well as the awesomeness that is the Eagles in one night - especially if they did a couple songs together - just might rock my world so hard I'd have to be carried out on a stretcher.
    That definitely would be a show worth any amount of the money.... One that both my husband (who loves Stevie) and I (who loves Don) would enjoy equally. With that said, don't you think a few wives, namely Don's and Joe's, would be a little uneasy if Stevie toured with them. She has said that Joe will always be the love of her life, and her and Don have a bond that is very special... If I was either of their wives I would be a little uneasy.

It's true Stevie has said that Joe is the love of her life, but he's never said the same about her! It's always seemed to me that she was way more invested in their relationship than he was. Plus, in recent interviews, she's backpedaled on that some and started re-emphasizing Lindsey Buckingham as her "great love." As for Joe's wife, I believe she travels with the band so she could keep an eye on things if she felt any misgivings.

As far as Don goes, he's already toured with Stevie in 2005, so his wife must be OK with it or at least have accepted his decision.

I have to admit that it would take a very secure woman not to feel threatened by Stevie Nicks, though!

I mentioned in another thread that Stevie talked to Don on 9/11 from New York and also over the next couple of days. Here is something she shared in her journals on her website that I thought was touching:

=============================

September 18th, 2001
    Tuesday Morning
    Washington, D.C.
    4:15 a.m.

We just came in from Columbus, OH. Today was a very bad day for me. It’s almost too much for me to bear out here… I called my Mom, and I called my friend, Don Henley for a pep talk. Don says, the Eagles are recording but it is very hard now. At first he said, “Just come home, honey”, but after a minute, he said, “Are people coming to the shows?” I said, “Yes.” The he said, “Well, Stevie, if you can gut it out, and make people happy for a minute, then try and stay out there.” I heard him….
    [...]
    So we did the show tonight in Columbus, and it was good, love conquers all, people were happy –
    I just have to hang on…
    Thank you God, Mom & Don for getting me through this day ~

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Thank you so much for posting that, Soda. I was inquiring about what you put in the other thread about TEOTI.

When I get the time, I definitely have to go in to that link and check out the journals. Very interesting I'm sure. She's another artist I would love dearly to read an autobiography from.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stevie has often said she wants to write an autobiography, but she wants to wait until she's really old because she feels her "story isn't over yet."

Stevie comments on the Eagles and the song "Witchy Woman"!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DNzSIOamSs&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Stuck on the Border

That was interesting; but please let me say that I loved & endorsed her comments about Kate Bush. She would nail Running Up That Hill. She would be one of the few singers who could do it justice.