Page 48 of 195 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Don in the press

My nephew is mildly autistic so this really touches me. Thanks for posting it, Jess.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan View Post
    I commend anything that raises awareness about autism.
    Amen!!

I think I've mentioned before that I have a severely autistic nephew who is also blind. At the age of 10 now, he can say less than 10 words, will never go to a real school and will never be out of diapers. He is the sweetest boy I know and just lights up when he hears voices he recognizes (which just warms you to the core). His greatest pleasure in life is music! He will sit for hours, rocking back & forth, pushing buttons to play any toy that has music. What is it about music for autistic children?

As far as my statement about the video being taken down---I certainly hope it wont be in this case, I wasn't trying to be negative or mean towards Don, BUT we all know that it has happened several times over not only to videos of the Eagles themselves that people post but of songs being sung by others of the Eagles music. We had a huge discusion just recently in another thread about it.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

In the past, I've heard mention of the album The Getty Address by the Dirty Projectors, a concept album with a protagonist named Don Henley. Whenever I did, I wondered why the heck they named the character that, since it had nothing to do with our guy. Well, I guess they were worried Don would wonder about that, too. According to ClashMusic, They wrote a letter to him explaining the choice which they've published here. If you're curious, read away!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

A very nice letter but I really have to wonder what Don thought if he did read it. I'm actually surprised that Don went along with it anyways given his history. Interesting.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

That was cool, Soda. TBF, I'd also like to know what Don thought of this. I also wonder if he responded to the letter??? Whether he liked it or not, it doesn't surprise me that he accepted it. I doubt if there was anything he could do about it legally, even if he had wanted to.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I can just see Don now, , or faxing away!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Whether he liked it or not, it doesn't surprise me that he accepted it. I doubt if there was anything he could do about it legally, even if he had wanted to.
    The fact that he didn't at least send a Cease and Desist tells me he must not have been actively opposed to it, even if he wasn't gung ho about it. I mean, this is a man who threatened to sue another guy named Don Henley in order to stop him from using his own name on his own website! If he were sufficiently displeased, one of his lawyers would've come a'knockin' with a C&D.

Don was spotted at the NBA All-Star game in Arlington, Texas' massive Cowboys stadium this past Valentine's Day, according to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram!

I'm friends with Jana Anderson on Facebook, a lady who sings backup for Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks regularly and who at one time sang backup for Don Henley. She posted this story today:
    "Awhile back touring with Don Henley, I was on my own & got food poisoning the night before the show with Bonnie Raitt. It was a violent sickness & I was hospitalized. I told them to give me anything to do the show in 16 hours. I can't handle meds at all! The morning after the show I was still out of it, used the airplane restroom & forgot to lock the door. Guess what happened? Deer in headlights much?! [...] I didn't know what Phenergan was at the time. I shuffled into the E.R. and just said, 'I have a show, get rid of the nausea.' I have to say that Don Henley stepped up to the plate in every way and took care of the medical bills and cared a lot. He was a great boss for me."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Awwww - that's just sweet!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016