Page 31 of 195 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Don in the press

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan View Post
    A new Don interview from Tulsa World:

By Staff Reports--Published: 5/14/2009 2:57 PM

What’s your favorite song to perform?
    (Laughs) I don’t have a favorite song to perform, I like all of them equally. I like to play songs that the audience likes, and when they’re happy, I’m happy.
    Thanks for sharing this. He was extremely happy last night he showed alot of enthusiasm and smiles to prove it. I will say alot more than you see him when he's Eagles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    First of all - welcome terese.

As far as Don, we love him here, so we aren't likely to leave him alone. You can criticize someone and still be a big fan. Although I personally agree with many of his views, I realize that some people may not. Any of the band members are subject to criticism as public figures. You are right that Don is very intelligent, and, therefore, he must understand that when a public figure says controversial things that he opens himself up to criticism. IMO, not only does he understand this, but he purposely makes controversial statements to bring attention to issues that he cares about - very intelligent, indeed.
    And to bring those issues to light he is trying to do the world a big favor because not many public figures say it like it is or how they truely feel due to political correctness,,whatever that is, but he does. And doesn't worry about whether you agree with him or not. This is one of the reasons why he is so respected.

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

I'm still trying to figure out where we picked him apart?

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

You know, it's funny. Don can get away with saying some of the things he does but some people can't.

Take the Dixie Chicks, for instance. Their career has pretty much been ruined because of what Natalie Maines said. They tried to say it didn't matter, but have you heard of them lately? Not much. They supposedly had a huge selling album after that, but where are they now?

Don can go on a rant and get by with it, I guess because of the way he says things. I don't always like what he says, but it kind of just rolls on off and I shrug and move on to the music!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Possibly because Don has never, to my knowledge, said he was embarrassed to be an American...that was Natalie's mistake, I think...Don, imo, "rants" on things near and dear to him and whether you agree or not (usually, i don't) you repect him for his heart in the matter...but again, to my knowledge, he's never offended 3/4 of the country all at once...errr....yet!

~Tonja~

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out where we picked him apart?
    I'm with you ltl

~Tonja~

Quote Originally Posted by anne-o-gg View Post
    Possibly because Don has never, to my knowledge, said he was embarrassed to be an American...that was Natalie's mistake, I think...Don, imo, "rants" on things near and dear to him and whether you agree or not (usually, i don't) you repect him for his heart in the matter...but again, to my knowledge, he's never offended 3/4 of the country all at once...errr....yet!

I don't think it was a Mistake for Natalie to express her opinion, she had every right to do so.

Here's the thing... yes, anyone can express their opinion, but they have to be prepared for the consequence. So, as far as Natalie is concerned, IMO, she wasn’t that bright. If she’s so ashamed to be an American, LEAVE. No one cares! “I” find it insulting. She was snarky with her comments, not the least bit introspective. She wasn’t trying to get people to work towards something better, she just wanted to rant. Whatever… I do not care.

Personally, nothing Don says offends me. I don’t always agree with him… He dislikes myspace, facebook, twitter… I don’t. I’m not offended by that though. His delivery and opinion on things are better executed than most. He may state that he doesn’t like the state of the country, but he isn’t speaking out against his country. There is a difference. He dislikes mainstream media, for the most part, so do I. At least his dislikes he backs with substance. He does more than mindlessly rant. I think that is the difference between him and Natalie.

She didn't say anything about America, she disagreed with the way George W. Bush was running it, and she is allowed her opinion, and making death threats towards someone for stating an opinion is wrong and uncalled for.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleLady View Post
    She didn't say anything about America, she disagreed with the way George W. Bush was running it, and she is allowed her opinion, and making death threats towards someone for stating an opinion is wrong and uncalled for.
    Whatever her direct quote was, "we are ashmed the pres if from tx"... again, if you are going to speak out against your country's leader, than your have to be prepared for the consequencs... weather those consequences are right or wrong. Of course no one should have a death threat over freedom of speech... but people do lots of things they shouldn't. For all the liberals out there, there are just as many right wingers. This is a case of think before you speak. Moreover, the consequence I was talking about was that people stopped buying their music.